This article will look at the Ambassador Challenges functionality from the Ambassador viewpoint.
End User View
When the Ambassador Challenges module has been added to a content page, site visitors will see and scroll through available initiatives and participate in challenges.
The overall initiative will show progress toward goal, a thumbnail image, and a description.
Challenges associated with an initiative will show below with a “next” option to if more challenges have been created for the initiative.
Challenges can be created for affiliation, class years, geography, or an overall general challenge.
Clicking the donate button on a challenge will take you to the assigned parent form for the initiative.
Site visitors can share the challenge on social media.
Clicking on the title of the challenge will display the challenge description, a video if it was added when the challenge was created, progress toward the goal, the ability to share on social media, and a donate button.
Ambassadors can be assigned to overall initiatives and to individual challenges and will have the ability to create their own challenges for initiatives.
Once an Ambassador has been assigned to an Initiative, they will be sent an automated email asking them to participate.
The Ambassador can click the Ambassador Challenges link in the email to access the log in page for your community.
The Ambassador will enter their username and password to log in.
They will then be moved to their Ambassador Challenges portal.
Once the user logs in and lands on the profile, the Ambassador will have an option in the menu on the left to access Ambassador Challenges.
A new tab will open showing the Ambassador Challenges for this user.
Ambassador Challenges Portal
The Ambassador Challenges home page will show Active Fundraising Initiatives by default. They can click the tabs at the top to view and work with Upcoming Initiatives and view historical initiatives.
The page will default to a grid view, but they can click the button to move to a list view.
In the upper right of each Initiative, there are three dots that expand a management menu.
View Details will take ambassadors to an area to view their assigned existing challenges and allows them to create their own challenges.
Click the X next to Challenges to move back to the initiative view.
Create Challenge will walk the ambassador through creating a challenge associated with this Initiative. This form is more streamlined for Ambassadors than for admin-created challenges.
All challenges created by Ambassadors will be published to the associated Initiative and automatically display on the Ambassador Challenges content module if the Initiative is included.
There is no approval process or admin notification, but Ambassador Challenge admins can edit and/or delete challenges created by Ambassadors.
We recommend working with your Ambassadors to ensure they create challenges that positively represent your organization, and regularly reviewing the Ambassador Challenges module for updates.
- First, they will need to enter a Challenge Name.
- Next, they will need to enter a Challenge Description
- An image is optional. Image file extensions allowed are JPG, JPEG, PNG, and GIF. The maximum image size is 1MB.
- Embedding a video is also optional. You can embed videos to challenges by simply pasting in a Facebook, YouTube, or Vimeo link.
- The Fundraising Initiative defaults to the initiative the ambassador created the challenge from and cannot be changed.
- Next, they will choose the Challenge Type.
- Affiliation is based on the Scoreboards field for the Affiliation module. This field must be added on the giving forms being tied to the initiative.
- With Affiliation selected, ambassadors will select the affiliation type from the next dropdown.
- With Class Year selected, they can multi-select class years from the next dropdown.
- General allows ambassadors to create a basic challenge. Any donation made to any giving forms tied to the initiative, regardless of who makes it or what designation they give to, will count toward the challenge.
- Finally, Geographic allows ambassadors to select the country or region and narrow down by state or province. The state or province dropdown allows them to multi-select for a regional challenge. This is tied to the billing address for the giving form.
Next we will move back to a General challenge.
- The ambassador will need to set a goal for either dollar amount or participation.
- Set a dollar amount goal.
- The Ambassador Commitment is a dollar amount and means the ambassador is committing to giving this amount to the institution in addition to driving the fundraising challenge to meet the overall goal amount.
- Next, they will enter a start date and time for the challenge. It does not need to match the Initiative start date and time.
- Then they will enter an end date and time. The time zone will default to the time zone set on their computer but can be adjusted.
- To finish, the ambassador will click Save Challenge in the lower right.
The challenge is now showing on the Challenges page, along with a button to create additional challenges.
For an individual challenge an ambassador can share to their personal social media or click the three dots to edit the challenge details or delete the challenge altogether.
Click the X next to the Challenges title to get back to the Initiatives screen.
As a reminder, all challenges created by Ambassadors will be published to the associated Initiative and automatically display on the Ambassador Challenges content module if the Initiative is included.
There is no approval process or admin notification at this time, but Ambassador Challenge admins can edit and/or delete challenges created by Ambassadors.
Account information on the Ambassador Challenges page gives you the details of the Ambassador's profile information.
You can access the Account tab by going to Donations > Ambassador Challenges and then click Account.
Under the Account tab you can see:
- Upload Photo – Ambassador can add/remove their profile photos. This photo is visible only to the Ambassador.
- Name – This is Ambassador's name and this gets auto-populated from the Members module in Encompass, and for whom Admin would have already created the profile previously. This is a non-editable field and can not be edited in the Account tab.
- Preferred Name – This is Ambassador's preferred name and is optional. Ambassadors can modify this field. Ambassador Scoreboard Module shows the Preferred Name if this field is populated.
- Class Year - This is Ambasadr’s Class Year and this gets auto-populated from the Members module in Encompass, and for whom Admin would have already added the details within the profile previously. This is a non-editable field and can not be edited in the Account tab.
- Degree - This is Ambasadr’s educational Degree and this gets auto-populated from the Members module in Encompass, and for whom Admin would have already added the details within the profile previously. This is a non-editable field and can not be edited in the Account tab.
- Embed Video - Now Ambassadors can embed a video similar to the Ambassador challenge. Embedding a video is optional. Ambassadors can embed a video within their profile from Facebook, YouTube, or Vimeo link.
- Bio – Ambassadors can write their Bio here.
Settings on the Ambassador Challenges page allow Admins to further make personalize/customize the Challenges.
A user with Super Admin or Ambassador Management Admin rights can now see a Settings tab next to the Account tab in the top right of the page. Clicking on Settings opens the admin settings tab.
Inside Settings you can see:
- Institution Logo – Where you can upload your Institute Logo. The Logo should appear in the application header, top left next to the site name. The image should be 1MB or less than that and should be in JPG, JPEG, PNG, or GIF format.
- Primary Color – The Primary Color sets the color for all buttons that are currently blue, which are Create Initiative, Add Ambassadors, Add Donation Forms, Choose an image, Save, Initiative Date box, and, Challenges box on the Initiative tile.
- Secondary Color – The Secondary Color sets the color for all progress bars.
- Text Color – Text Color can be changed to either black or white.
Note: Changes made to the Settings page do not reflect anywhere within Ambassador Challange. Further development on this page is in progress and you will get additional features in the upcoming release.