Members of a Group have menu options in the upper right of the Group. More options will show to Group owners.
Allows the Group owner to edit the group properties such as name, description, photo, and tags. They can also change the group Privacy Setting (Open, Closed or Secret).
Group Name: The name of the group can be customized.
Description: The Group description will show below the Group Name in the header of the Group and within the Group search.
Photo: Browse your computer and select a thumbnail image to show along with the description in the header of the Group and within the Group search.
Tags: Keywords or tags are added to help constituents search for and join relevant groups. When adding multiple tags, put one on each line.
Privacy Type: Privacy can be set per group to be Open, Closed, or Secret.
- Open: Any community member can view the Group content and join the Group. Members must join the Group before they can interact and post content in the Groups.
- Closed: Administrative or Group Owner approval is required for new members to join. Anyone can see the group description, but only members can see the other content. Group owners will get a notification email if someone requests to join the group.
- Secret: Membership is by invitation only, and only members can see the Group information and content. The group will not appear in search results or in the profiles of its members. Membership is by invitation only, and only members can see the group information and content.
Manage Features allows admins to enable and/or disable features for each group. All features are enabled by default and allows all members to submit content.
Enable Events: Events can be created and shared within the group for members to view, RSVP, and add guests. This feature can be restricted so only Group Owners can submit content of this type.
Enable Posts: Members can post messages in the group to which other members can reply. This feature can be restricted so only Group Owners can submit content of this type.
Enable Photos: Members can post photos in the group. This feature can be restricted so only Group Owners can submit content of this type.
Enable White Board: Members can post stand-alone messages within the group that no others can reply to. This feature can be restricted so only Group Owners can submit content of this type.
Enable Class Notes: Class Notes from Group members will pull in from the Class Notes module and display as they are created.
Enable Chat: This allows Group members to chat with others who are online and active in the Group at the same time.
Enable Member Map: This option allows the Group to display a map that automatically maps all members of the Group to a Google Map.
Group Owners are granted access to the Group’s administrative tools, including editing the Group features, managing group owners, and emailing all members of the Group.
- Click the Add a New Owner link to select a member of the Group to be a Group owner.
- Scroll or use the search box to find the member.
- Click the Make Owner link.
- To remove an Owner from a Group, from the Manage Owners screen, deselect the box to the left of the owner’s name and click Save.
Selecting the Leave link in a Group will launch a pop-up box prompting the member to confirm their decision to leave the Group.
Unsubscribe from Group Emails
Clicking the Unsubscribe from Group Emails link will unsubscribe the member from any emails sent to the Group members from the Group Owner or admins through the group. This does not affect Email Marketing subscriptions.
Email Members allows Group owners to compose an email to all Group Members. The email will be sent through Encompass without the Group owner receiving a list of email addresses. Members can unsubscribe from Group emails. A Subject and Body are both required to send the email.
Click the Help link launches a pop-up window with instructional text for each link in the Groups menu.