From the Decision Analytics menu, choose Engagement Dashboard.
NOTE: Only Super Admins and the Engagement Metrics Admin (available with the February 2020 release) will have access to this menu option.
Working with the Engagement Dashboard
The Engagement Dashboard will be calculating all site/GID activity within the site/GID you are in.
You can set the Date and Population by Class Year. Population is a multi-select option, so you can pick multiple class years in the dropdown, if desired. There is also an option for "Has a Class Year Value".
Information around the total constituency will be shown as well as the engagement percentage. Various engagement dimensions will also be scored.
These scores are calculated based off the existing population engaged versus not engaged. The following dimensions are tracking these actions.
Hovering over each item provides a tooltip about how the item is calculated.
NOTE: We have excluded admin records for the all Engagement Dimensions.
- Emails: Email engagement is calculated based off of opens during the specified time frame.
- Events: Event engagement is calculated off of registrations made during the specified time frame. If registration for the record is changed to false, they will no longer be counted as engaged.
- Giving: Giving engagement is calculated based off of gifts made during the specified time frame.
- Membership: Membership engagement is calculated based off of any "current" memberships during the specified time frame.
- Online Usage: Online engagement is calculated based off logins, pre-pop, profile updates, and general form submissions made during the specified time frame. Please note, we will be adding commerce form submissions to this calculation in an upcoming release.
- Volunteerism: this item doesn't have a tooltip since each institution may look at volunteerism differently. Unless you upload a file, the value will be 0%.
In order to have Volunteerism populate with a percentage, you will need to upload a file of your offline volunteerism data. Follow the instructions below.
- Click on the import icon in the Volunteerism area.
- There are three column headers you must have for your file: Constituent ID, Start Date, and End Date. All rows must have values for Constituent ID and Start Date.
NOTE: There is no file size limit or row limit for the file.
NOTE: You can only have one uploaded file active at a time. If you need to add new data, you must append the updates to the original file and re-upload it.
NOTE: You must make sure ID numbers are an exact match in order for a value to populate. If the system can't match the data to a constituent record that has a class year, the data will be ignored.
- Once the file is uploaded, you will see the file name and import date.
- Once you close the window and set the filters, Volunteerism may populate with a value (assuming matches were found).
The timeframe applied will export all records (member and non-member as well as engaged and not engaged) so you have the data.
Each dimension will show a Yes or No depending on whether or not the person took an action within the timeframe applied.
The columns included in the export are:
Sample of what the export will look like with data populated: