- What are the advantages of the new editor?
- Why beta?
- How do I access/know that beta is activated?
- For which email clients do we guarantee compatibility?
- How do I modify the HTML?
- Are tokens supported?
- What about role based content?
- Which admins can access the beta template editor?
- How do I lock a template?
- Can I use my existing / old templates with the new editor?
- Do I have to rebuild my template or will iModules build it for me?
- How long do I have to transition my templates to the new format?
- How can I create a custom event/date Favorite?
- What fonts are available?
- How do I provide feedback or report an issue?
- How do I add trouble viewing links and unsubscribe links? (See Tokens)
What are the advantages of the new editor?
- The editor ensures all emails are responsive by default.
- The editor guarantees compatibility with over 90% of desktop, mobile and web clients.
- The editor offers more control of your footer and header styling
- The editor lets you configure elements to show/hide on mobile devices with the click of a button.
- The new editor is the first step on a path toward more advanced features like A/B testing.
- The opportunity gain experience using a new email editor before the existing workflow and editor are replaced.
- A chance to build new or convert old templates to the new format.
- The beta features do not impact or alter existing email sending functionality, so your current process does not need to change.
How do I access / know that beta is activated?
- The Beta Email Template option will appear in the Email Marketing menu in the left column/panel.
For which email clients do we guarantee compatibility?
|Desktop||Mobile||Web Based Clients|
Air Mail 2.0
Android 2.3 - 4.2.x
How do I modify the HTML?
- The editor does not and will not facilitate direct HTML/CSS editing
- For clients who prefer to work directly with HTML/CSS, we plan to introduce a separate advanced interface.
Are tokens supported?
- Token replacement is not activated in the initial version of the beta template editor. However, feel free to incorporate member field tokens you use today into the templates you build.
- New "Footer" tokens are being introduced so you can get more creative with your email design.
- When token replacement is activated, we will also be introducing support for a new tokens that you can place in the URL field.
- ##unsubscribe## will become an unique unsubscribe url for each recipient. We are making this change so you can have greater control of your footer elements.
- ##webview## will become a view in browser link. We are making this change so you can have greater control over your header elements
What about role based content?
- It is not yet possible to add role based content in the new editor. The feature is under development.
Which admins can access the Beta Template Editor?
- Super Admins, Communication Admins, and Email Authors can access the Beta Template Editor.
How do I lock a template?
- Templates cannot be locked from the template builder user interface. We are considering adding this feature in the future.
- By default, the only locked templates are those that are available to all iModules Clients or those built by iModules staff.
- If you would like a template locked, provide application support with the URL of your template home (to identify your site and community) and the name(s) of the template(s) you need locked.
Can I use my existing / old templates with the new editor?
No. In order to guarantee compatibility and responsiveness templates will need to be re-created using the new editor.
Do I have to rebuild my template or will iModules build it for me?
- If you have purchased an email marketing template from iModules in 2016, that specific template will be eligible for iModules to re-implement. Specific details regarding the timing and conditions will be provided to those who qualify.
- If you purchase an email marketing template during the transition period, the template will be built in both systems.
- If you have other templates that you would like for iModules to build in the new email editor, please contact your Account Manager for pricing.
How long do I have to transition my templates to the new format?
- One of the main reasons we are introducing the new editor as a beta product is to give clients ample time to build new or convert old templates to the new format.
- We plan to make email sending with the new editor available in August 2018. The legacy sending workflow will still be used in August. A sunset date for the legacy sending workflow has not been announced yet.
- As of the January 29, 2018, release, the template editor has all the features needed to build the templates you will use after the editor transition.
How can I create a custom event/date Favorite?
- Step by step instructions to create a custom event/date Favorite exist on this page. There are also short videos on the page to walk you through each step of the process.
What fonts are available?
- At this time, the editor only supports fonts that are standard across email clients.
How do I provide feedback or report an issue?
- To report an issue, please contact iModules Application Support.
- To make a suggestion, please complete the feedback form.