TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Membership Build Order
- Questions to ask before each build
- Forms Vocabulary
Membership Build Order
Map out Form before build: i.e. diagram, whiteboard, etc
- Membership Levels
- Existing Fields
- New Fields
- Roles (if needed)
- Custom Design
- Admin Test
- User Test
Questions to ask before each build
- Who am I building this for? (Audience)
- How do they enter the form?
- Are Admin only fields needed?
- How do users exit the form?
- Will a confirmation email be used and what will it say?
- Will Identity Checkpoint be used?
Use the answers to these questions to create a road map for your form prior to building.
Steps: Page display in the form. You can create additional steps to break up information collection flow.
Categories: The containers the hold and sort your data fields. Categories can be used as filters in reporting and can collapse fields from view in a form.
Fields: The tool used to collect the data for storage in your database
Existing Fields: Fields that have been created in your database or mapped over from your back end database (example: profile member fields)
New Fields: A new field that is created because it does not exist in your database. DO NOT create new fields when an existing field is present. (example: phone number field is existing because it is a member field used often, whereas a field requesting someone’s favorite color would be unique and specific to the form it lives in. This would be a new field.)
Levels: Purchase options for a membership form. There is no limit to the number of levels and pricing options you can create for a form.
- Limited Term: This membership type begins on a defined date or a date of purchased. The price can be fixed or pro-rated based on the effective date.
- Lifetime: This membership has no end date
Auto Renewal: this can be made an option for a level, or as a requirement based on purchase.
Promotional Code: The codes can change pricing for levels or cause hidden levels to become visible.
Suggested Naming conventions
Building Fields - nameoftheform_nameofthefield
Building Roles - nameoftheform_nameofthefield_nameofthevalue
For your reference: Vocabulary and Suggested Naming Convention documents.