From the Email menu, choose Email Reporting.
Fly Out Navigation
- The flyout navigation is accessed through an icon of three parallel bars - located in the upper left on the email reporting landing page.
- Flyout Navigation:
Filters and Opens by Device
- The default date range is the last thirty days but this filter can be modified to a range of your choosing. Data before January 2016 cannot be retrieved in this view.
- The "Display metrics for all sub-communities" checkbox will only display at the GID 1 or the top-level community/site.
- The subscription category filter auto-completes and you can only select one category filter at a time.
NOTE: this filter will not display if the "Display metrics for all sub-communities" box is checked.
- Opens by Device will show the top 4 device types and then aggregate the remainder into the "other" percent which also includes unidentifiable devices.
- Device types include Mobile Phone, Mobile Device, Tablet, Desktop, and Other.
- The Google mail app does not pass a user agent string so it can't be classified.
Cross Email Metrics
- Definitions for Cross Email Metrics are provided. There is an area for Volume Statistics, Email Statistics, and Negative Outcomes.
- The Negative Outcome options are linked so you can drill into those areas.
- Hovering over an item will provide a tool tip describing the item.
- The filters discussed above will impact the metrics.
Recently Deployed Emails
- For administrators who want to quickly view or compare the last five messages in a series.
- The 5 most recent Email Marketing messages are displayed with summary metrics.
- The messages shown will change based on the category and date filters applied (discussed above).
- The Export Results button will create a csv file with metrics from the last 1000 messages that fit the dashboard filter.
- Percents are included in unique export columns.
- The columns included in this export are:
NOTE: opensPercent may be over 100% due to duplicate opens. You may want to look at uniqueOpensPercent to get an understanding of the real open rate.
Exports in Email Reporting give administrators the ability to store and distribute performance metrics.
Clicking the camera icon on the grey footer downloads a PNG file to your computer that is a scaled snapshot of the reporting content page you are viewing. The PNG is great for printing, sharing as is, or cropping for inclusion in reports.
Clicking the blue "Export Table" button on any drill down report will download a CSV file to your computer. Columns and values represent all data in the results grid. The export includes limiting values to any search terms applied. Recipient details (name, constituent ID, iModules Member ID, class year) will be present in the CSV if the data is available in the results grid.
For more information, refer to the Email Reporting Exports Frequently Asked Questions.
All Email List
- In near-real time without refreshing the page, newly sent emails will appear in the list.
- A Search box is included so admins can find an email for which you would like to view metrics.
- Recurring emails will display with a > next to them. Clicking on the name will move you to a roll-up report of metrics for the recurring email. Clicking on the > will expand the campaign and show the instances it was sent. Each date will be clickable.
- Click an email name to view detailed metrics for that message.
Email Detail View
- Metrics appear as they are received, in near-real time without refreshing the page.
- Displays two rows of key metric call-outs which highlight various counts and percents for an email.
- Compare Open Rate to Peers links to the Engagement Activity Graph.
- The formula for each donut chart rate is listed below the percent.
- The key metric call-outs are clickable and resolve to drill-down reports. IMPORTANT: Drill down reports are only available for 460 days following the send date of the email.
- Displays email details such as Email Name, Date Sent, and Email Category to provide context.
- The Activity quadrant
- Highlights response metrics each hour after sending
- Will show a graph of Opens By Device
- Drill down reports will provide information on which Lists/Segments were used to build the Audience.
- If the List/Segment has been deleted, a message will display indicating that the information can't be shown.
Reporting Metrics Definitions
Volume Statistics - Cross Email Metrics
Unique Campaign Count:
- Sum of unique campaigns sent during given time frame.
Total Emails Sent:
- Total count of emails delivered including recurring and segmented campaigns.
- Total count of unique recipients, defined by the combination of iModules MemberID (MID) and email address.
- Total count of all recipient email addresses.
Email Statistics - Cross Email Metrics
- ((Total number of delivered emails - bounces) ÷ Number of emails sent) * 100
- (Total number unique opened ÷ Number of messages delivered) * 100
Click to Open Rate:
- (Unique Clicks / Unique Opens)*100
- (Total Conversions/Total emails delivered)*100
Negative Outcomes - Cross Email Metrics
- Total number of email addresses that could not be successfully delivered to the recipient's inbox for some reason.
- Spam reports trigger whenever a recipient marks an email as spam and iModules is notified by the mail server.
- Calculated by taking the total number of delivered emails minus the total unique opens.
- Calculated by counting the total number of recipients who have clicked the ##Unsubscribe## token.
NOTE: If you compare this report to the Opt-Out report, the files may not match. If someone opts back into an Email Category, they will be excluded in the Opt-Out report but they would still be included in this report since they took the action to unsubscribe.
NOTE: Both of the unsubscribe tokens will be looked at for this calculation.
Other Reporting Metric Definitions
- Delivered = 200 response from server
- Note: Delivered DOES NOT imply inbox placement
- Open Rate = (Total number unique opened ÷ Number of messages delivered) * 100
- Open = tracking pixel loaded
NOTE: If click is logged but no open is present, open is added to statistics. In this way we adjust counts for when image blocking is in place.
- Click = number of times any recipient clicks on any link within the email where tracking is active.
- Click tracking on the unsubscribe link has been removed to prevent those clicks from influencing click rate.
- The click date will be the date of the most recent click.
- The first hyperlink they click on is counted, but not any subsequent clicks of that link from the same message.
- What It Is: The percentage of email recipients who clicked on a link within an email and completed a desired action
- Conversion Rate = (Number of people who completed the desired action ÷ Number of total emails delivered) * 100
- Accessed via the hamburger icon or one of the drilldown reports for a specific message.
- Will show:
- Email Address
- Constituent ID
- iModules Member ID
- The data reflects messages and activity for the past 460 days.
- Use the search option to find a specific individual.
- Clicking on an email address will move you to a new screen. You will see email metrics for the individual you're looking at as well as the specific messages you sent this individual.
- When viewing a drilldown report, click on the name of the individual you want to see metrics/information for.
- The data reflects information for the specific site / GID you are in.
Email Reporting FAQs
Please visit the Email Reporting FAQ page for more information.