Steps/Tabs create additional pages or tabs in your form to organize your information. You can have multiple Steps. For a forms that contains a large amount of data, it’s better to have more Steps than more scrolling. Multiple steps serve to organize content, and non-commerce data fields will be saved after completing each step in case they need to stop and come back to the form.
NOTE: To customize content on steps for different types of members, fields and categories can be role-based. For example, a form/campaign/event can be designed so only accountants would see information on an accounting seminar, only information technology people would see a software class, etc. However, to create a good user experience, you need to make sure everyone sees something on every step (so some roles are not taken to a blank page).
- From Manage Form, choose Add Step.
- Enter a name for the step and click .
- The step will be added to the form.
- From Manage Form, choose Sort Steps.
- The steps will be displayed. Use the direction buttons to sort them in the desired order.
- Click Save.
Edit Step Settings
- From Manage Form, choose Edit Step Settings.
- From the window that displays, you can control the text that appears on the Step (tab) as well as the navigation buttons that will appear on the step.
- Click Save.
Delete This Step
- Make sure you are on the Step you want to delete.
- From Manage Form, choose Delete This Step.
- A confirmation window will appear. Click OK to delete the step.