- Adding an Activity
- Admin's Build Form Mode for the Activity Step
- Data Entry Mode for the Activity Step
Activities can be added to Form-Driven events, Fee-Driven events and Activity-Driven events. By default, activities added during the initial event set up will be added on a new Activity step. This Activity step will be added as the second or third step of the event depending on if the 'Allow registrants to bring guests' option is enabled for the event. If the option is enabled, the Activity step will be the third step. If the option is disabled, the Activity step will be the second step.
A few changes have been made to the admin's flow for creating a new activity on an event.
- There will no longer be the option to create a RSVP Registration or a Ticket-Based Registration. By default an activity will include a place for the primary registrant and guest names. If the registrant and/or guest is coming to the activity, the primary registrant will check the box next to their name. Checking the box next to the name will drive registration for that activity. The 'Are you attending? yes/no' field is no longer available on an activity.
- The Add a fee to this activity option is unchecked by default. Checking this option will take yoou through the flow of adding a commerce item or a fee control to the activity.
- The Collect Guest Names option has been removed and a new option is displayed directly under the registration dates called Allow registrants to bring guests. This new option is only displayed if the 'Allow registrants to bring guests" option is selected on the main event. 'Allow registrant to bring guests' is available through Activity Settings and can be turned on or off at any time assuming it is enabled on the main event. If this option is disabled at the main event, guests will no longer be collected on activities.
- There are three new options for displaying the activity and what fields are displayed if the activity is configured to Allow registrant's to bring guests. The three new options will look at the following options compared to the Display Audience that is set to determine what is displayed:
- Primary Registrant's Role
- Primary Registrant and guest roles, individually
- Primary Registrant and guest roles, combined
- The 'Photo albums' option has been removed.
- The 'Message boards' option has been removed.
- The 'Message to coordinator' option is unchecked (disabled) by default
Adding an Activity
Toggle to Advanced Mode to see optional fields that give you additional control over your Form. These can be modified later after you have created the Activity. Any changes you make will be preserved if you toggle this view off.
Activity Name: Enter a name for the activity
Display Audience: Select who you would like to see the activity
- Everyone - Audience does not need to be logged in to view this content.
- Logged In - Members must be logged in to view this content.
- Role - Only members who fit the criteria for a certain role (i.e., Class of 1992, Current Students, or Female alumni) will be able to see this content. Choose from the previously created list of roles in the dual list box and use the arrows to select.
- Deny Access to the following: You may also exclude certain groups from the Audience by using this checkbox. Then, choose from the previously created list of roles and use the arrows to select a group to exclude.
For example, you could include Everyone in the Audience except the Class of
- Select Everyone in the first list box.
- Click the checkbox to Deny Access to the following.
- Select Class of 2008 in the second list box
Start Date: Enter the date the activity will start or select the date from the pop-up calendar.
End Date: Enter the date the activity will end or select the date from the pop-up calendar.
Start Time: Enter the time the activity will start if needed.
End Time: Enter the time the activity will end if needed.
Time Zone - Assign the time zone in which the Activity is held.
Display Range - Assign the date period during which users will be able to view the Activity.
Add a fee to this activity: Select this option to charge a fee for the activity. NOTE: A fee (or a commerce item) on the activity that drives registration should be a required field.
Registration Date Range: Use this date range option to set the availability of the Activity's registration form. By default, the registration form will be available during the Display date range for the Activity. But a separate availability for the registration form (and the associated Registration button in the Activity Center) can be set with the Registration Date Range. Use this option have the Activity's registration form appear at some date in the future, while still displaying the Activity content in the Activity Center.
Allow registrants to bring guests - Select this option to collect guest information.
Determine who gets to SEE this activity and what fields will be displayed based on the following:
- Primary registrant’s role: Only the primary registrant’s role chain is evaluated. This setting allows both the registrant AND their guest(s) to display in the activity if the primary registrant meets the role. Visibility of the fields for each registrant is based on main registrant’s role.
- For example, if the registrant selects Class of 1965, the Activity for Class of 65 Reunion Party can be role-based to this option for both registrant and guests.
- Primary registrant and guest roles, individually: Both the primary registrant’s and the guests’ role chains are evaluated individually. Only those people who meet the role can display in the activity. Field visibility for each registrant is based on their own individual role chain.
- For example, if the registrant selects Class of 1965 and Guest 1 selects Class of 1966, the Activity for the Class of 1965 Reunion Party can be role-based to only display to the registrant who meets the 1965 role.
- Primary registrant and guest roles, combined: Role chains for all registrants are combined together and are evaluated as a whole. This setting allows all registrants to display in the activity as long as one of them meets the role. Visibility of fields for each registrant is based on all registrants’ roles.
- For example, if the registrant selects Class of 1965 and Guest 1 selects Class of 1966, the Activity for Class of 1965 Reunion Party can be role-based to 1965; however, this will still display to allow both the registrant and the guest to register. Additionally, should you have an Activity for Class of 1966 Reunion Party role-based to the Guest Role of 1966 this will allow visibility to both Reunion Party events for all attendees.
The fields displayed on the activity for the primary registrant are based on the primary registrant's role, and the fields displayed on the activity for the guest are based on the guest's role. For example, if you ask the guest if they have any dietary restrictions in a previous step, you can display the meal choices for an activity based on the guest's answer,
Enable Registration Limits across all registrants: This allows you to set a limit on the number of people who can register for the activity. If you check the box, there will be option to set the Registration Limit across all registrants (enter a number).
Enable Registration Limit for each registrant: This allows you to set a limit on the number of people an individual can register for the activity. For example, if the limit is four, the member can only register himself and three guests for the activity. If you check the box, there is an option to set the Registration Limit per registrant (enter a number).
Attendees List: Indicate here if you want to provide constituents an Attendee List for this Activity.
Enable Message to Coordinator: Enable a text area for members to include a message to the Activity coordinator(s).
Allow attendees to opt-out of being listed on the Attendee List: Indicate here if members will have the option to opt-out of appearing on the Activity's Attendee List.
Activity Layout: Select the look and feel of the Activity Center to be applied to this Activity. Create additional Layout options by modifying the default Activity Center Layout (in the admin view of the Activity Center) and then saving that as a new Layout.
Activity Preview: Add the Activity Preview information, the short summary that will display to constituents (depending on the layout you choose).
Activity Description: The Activity Description is the more detailed information on the activity that is displayed in the Event Center (depending on the layout you choose).
Activity Contacts: Enter the Activity Contact / Coordinator information. This is also displayed in the Event Center. Depending on your Event Layout, the contact information may not be shown on the Detail Page.
Location: Enter the Location where the activity is being held, and then use the Text Editor to add directions, links to map websites or other rich content to help inform attendees of the location. Depending on your Activity Layout, the Location information may not be shown on the Detail Page. The Location name field has a 150 character limit.
The Activity has been successfully created for the Event.
You can choose to add another Activity to this Event, or choose to exit the Add Activity process and move ahead in the Event process.
Activities can be added at any time later with the Event's Form Management tools.
Admin's Build Form Mode for the Activity Step
The activity step is displayed to the admin in the Build Form mode with the 'Select who is attending' verbiage, the Attendee Opt-Out field if applicable, and the Registration fee if applicable. There is also verbiage displayed in the Build Form mode to let the admin know that the fields that are configured for each activity will be repeated for the registrant and each guest once attendance for each has been confirmed (the box has been checked).
An admin will not be able to add an activity on the same step, or on an earlier step than the guest category. The Add Activity option under Manage Forms will be hidden and a new Add Activity Step option will be displayed. Selecting this option will prompt you to enter a Step Name. The step will be added as the last step on the form. Once the step is added the admin can add multiple activities to that step.
The following options are available under Manage Forms from the Activity Step:
- Add New Category
- Add Activity Step
- Add Activity
- Add Step
- Edit Step Settings
- Sort Steps
- Delete This Step
- Lock Form
- Review / Finish Pages
- Edit Billing Page Header
- Member Confirmation Email
- Admin Confirmation Email
- Registration Fees / Commerce Items
- Attendee List
- Form Reporting
- Import Form Data
Admins will not be allowed to Add an Existing Category or Add a Donation Category to the Activities step. Admins can add a New Category to the Activities step to be used, for example, to add rich text between activities or to collect waiver information, etc. Fields that drive registration (Registration Fee Dropdown and Registration Commerce Item) cannot be added to a category on the Activities step.
The admin will have the ability to configure the fields that are displayed in the activity when the primary registrant or guest is checked as attending the event. For the first release, the admin will not have the ability to add fields outside of the guest section of the activity and the admin will be able to configure only one guest section per activity.
Under Manage Category, the following options are available:
- Activity Settings - Edit options that were set during the initial activity creation like the registration dates, audience, member limits, etc.
- Add Rich Text - Add specific help text to the guest category. Displaying the rich text can be driven off of the Primary Registrant's role.
- Add New Field - Any new field can be added to the activity including the fee control field. The commerce item field and the fee control are the only fields that can drive registration on an activity.
- Add Existing Field - The admin will be able to add existing fields from profile forms, regular forms, and reusable fields.
- Registration Fees/Commerce Items - A fee control or commerce item can be added to any activity.
- Sort Fields - Sort the display order of the fields on the activity.
- Remove Category - Delete/remove the activity using the Remove Category option.
In addition you can:
- Add fields through the quick add field option.
- Remove fields that are in the guest section of the activity through the field level options.
- Edit fields that have been added in the guest section of the activity through the field level options.
- Move fields within the guest section of the activity through the field level options.
- Edit the activity name using the pencil icon.
- Edit the 'Select who is attending' verbiage using the pencil icon.
The Commerce item field and the Registration Fee control are the only fields that can be set to drive registration. The 'Select who is attending' check box that is on all activities for the primary registrant and their guests will also drive registration. The registrant needs to select both the checkbox and purchase a ticket/select a fee control price (if available) in order to be registered for the activity. If they don’t do both, they will receive a message letting them know the fee is required to complete the registration.
Data Entry Mode for the Activity Step
The Activity step is displayed to the admin in the Data Entry mode, to the registrant with 'Select who is attending' verbiage, and to the primary registrant and each guest listed with a check box option under the activity. When the checkbox field is selected the section will expand to render the additional fields in the section if applicable.