Create Calendar Announcement
To create a new Event Calendar Announcement in the Content Management system (based upon administrative rights), click by the calendar to which you want to add an event announcement.
1. Event Name: Enter an Event Name. (The Event Name field has a 75 character limit.)
2. Event Listing/Calendar: Select the Listing or Calendar where you want the Event to be displayed. Use Control or Shift to select multiple items.
3. Display Audience: Select the Audience you want to see this content. You can allow everyone or only certain members to view the information. NOTE: For Events, "Calendar Announcement" and "Events with Detail Page only" event types will follow the Display Audience option. The Form Audience does not apply to these types of events.
- Everyone - Audience does not need to be logged in to view this content. (For Form Audience on Events with RSVP/Registration, indicate if users are required to login / create a Non-Member account before proceeding or if a Non-Member will be created behind the scenes automatically.)
- Logged In- Members must be logged in to view this content.
- Role - Only members who fit the criteria for a certain role (i.e., Class of 1992, Current Students, or Female alumni) will be able to see this content. Choose from the previously created list of roles in the dual list box and use the arrows to select.
- Deny Access to the following: You may also exclude certain groups from the Audience by using this checkbox. Then, choose from the previously created list of roles and use the arrows to select a group to exclude.
For example, you could include Everyone in the Audience except the Class of
- Select Everyone in the first list box.
- Click the checkbox to Deny Access to the following.
- Select Class of 2008 in the second list box.
4. Set the Start Date and End Date for when the Event is taking place. Times are optional depending on the event.
5. Event Type: Choose Calendar Announcement.
6. Enter Event Summary in the editor.
7. Click Create.
Edit the Listing/Calendar Item
1. Click to edit the item. Click Save to save your changes.
2. Click to delete the item.
3. Click to add the item to your calendar. This is an icon that will be visible to people visiting the site. It allows them to add the item to Outlook or a similar application.
NOTE: Calendar announcements will not appear in the Events Homepage grid.