Create Calendar Announcement
To create a new Event Calendar Announcement in the Content Management system (based upon administrative rights), click by the calendar to which you want to add an event announcement.Items shaded in gray will only be visible when you toggle to Advanced Mode.
1. Event Name: Enter an Event Name. (The Event Name field has a 75 character limit.)
2. Event Listing/Calendar: Select the Listing or Calendar where you want the Event to be displayed. Use Control or Shift to select multiple items.
3. Display Audience: Select the Audience you want to see this content. You can allow everyone or only certain members to view the information. NOTE: For Events, "Calendar Announcement" and "Events with Detail Page only" event types will follow the Display Audience option. The Form Audience does not apply to these types of events.
- Everyone - Audience does not need to be logged in to view this content. (For Form Audience on Events with RSVP/Registration, indicate if users are required to login / create a Non-Member account before proceeding or if a Non-Member will be created behind the scenes automatically.)
- Logged In- Members must be logged in to view this content.
- Role - Only members who fit the criteria for a certain role (i.e., Class of 1992, Current Students, or Female alumni) will be able to see this content. Choose from the previously created list of roles in the dual list box and use the arrows to select.
- Deny Access to the following: You may also exclude certain groups from the Audience by using this checkbox. Then, choose from the previously created list of roles and use the arrows to select a group to exclude.
For example, you could include Everyone in the Audience except the Class of
- Select Everyone in the first list box.
- Click the checkbox to Deny Access to the following.
- Select Class of 2008 in the second list box.
4. Set the Start Date and End Date for when the Event is taking place.
- Time Zone: The default is the time zone setting on your computer.
- This is a recurring event: If you check the box, a calendar will appear to allow you to choose the appropriate dates.
NOTE: Recurring items must contain exactly the same information (example: same summary text, same times, etc.).
5. Display Range: Since the content item is going to be displayed on a calendar listing, a Display Range can be set. The Display Range controls the beginning and ending date of when the content will be seen on the calendar. By setting an end date, the content can be removed from view when the event is over, for example.
6. Upload Image allows you to upload a thumbnail image.
NOTE: this option won't show to all customers.
7. Event Type: Choose Calendar Announcement.
8. Enter the Event Summary in the editor.
9. Click Create.
Edit the Listing/Calendar Item
1. Click to edit the item. Click Save to save your changes.
2. Click to delete the item.
3. Click to add the item to your calendar. This is an icon that will be visible to people visiting the site. It allows them to add the item to Outlook or a similar application.
NOTE: Calendar announcements will not appear in the Events Homepage grid.