Appeal Code functionality can be used to generate additional reporting information for your commerce-based Forms, Events, Donations, and Membership. They are useful for marketing purposes, for example, to let you know which of the marketing methods you used was the most effective.
Using Appeal Codes
To have Appeal Code information populate into your reports for commerce-based Forms, Events, Donations, or Membership:
- Add &appealcode=xxxxxxx (the xxxxxxx represents the appeal code value you want to have populate in the report) to the URL for your Form, Event, Donation, or Membership.
- The &appealcode=xxxxxxx is added at the end of the long URL string for your Forms/Event/Donation/Membership (not the custom URL) and cannot exceed 64 characters.
- For example: http://stagetraining.imodules.com/s/588/index.aspx?sid=748&gid=1&pgid=3009&cid=6720&appealcode=EMAIL052217
NOTE: You need to add the appeal code on the end user view of the form URL generated by the system or on the detail page URL generated by the system.
Reporting for Appeal Codes
A column for appeal codes will appear in your reports. It will be populated with the appeal code(s) that were used. If no appeal code was used, the column will be empty.
NOTE: If Billing Information is not included in the report, the appeal code column won't be included either.
Admin Confirmation Email
The appeal code will be shown in the admin confirmation email along with all the other transaction details.
Appeal Code Example
Below is an example scenario of how you could use the Appeal Code functionality.
- Add an appeal code to the link for your Event.
- Create an email in Email Marketing that includes the link to the Event. Use the hyperlink manager to create a "friendly" link, so you're not displaying the long URL in your email OR use a button and hyperlink that with the long URL.
- Your recipients will click the link to register. (No changes will appear on the Event form itself.)
- The Appeal Code you added to the link will populate into the Event Report and the Reconciliation Report if the user successfully completed billing and reached the Finish Page. This is a great way to track your marketing efforts to see which email drove the most registrations.