Reporting Metrics Definitions
Volume Statistics - Cross Email Metrics
Unique Campaign Count:
- Sum of unique campaigns sent during given time frame.
Total Emails Sent:
- Total count of emails delivered including recurring and segmented campaigns.
- Total count of unique recipients, defined by the combination of iModules MemberID (MID) and email address.
- Total count of all recipient email addresses.
Email Statistics - Cross Email Metrics
- (Total number of delivered emails ÷ Number of emails sent) * 100
- (Total number unique opened ÷ Number of messages delivered) * 100
Click to Open Rate:
- (Initial Clicks ÷ Unique Opens)*100
- (Total Conversions/Total emails delivered)*100
Negative Outcomes - Cross Email Metrics
- Total number of email addresses that could not be successfully delivered to the recipient's inbox for some reason.
- Spam reports trigger whenever a recipient marks an email as spam and iModules is notified by the mail server.
- Calculated by taking the total number of delivered emails minus the total unique opens.
- Calculated by counting the total number of recipients who have clicked the ##Unsubscribe## token.
NOTE: If you compare this report to the Opt-Out report, the files may not match. If someone opts back into an Email Category, they will be excluded in the Opt-Out report but they would still be included in this report since they took the action to unsubscribe.
NOTE: Both of the unsubscribe tokens will be looked at for this calculation.
Other Reporting Metric Definitions
- Delivered = 200 response from server
- Note: Delivered DOES NOT imply inbox placement
- Open Rate = (Total number unique opened ÷ Number of messages delivered) * 100
- Open = tracking pixel loaded
NOTE: If click is logged but no open is present, open is added to statistics. In this way we adjust counts for when image blocking is in place.
- Click = number of times any recipient clicks on any link within the email where tracking is active.
- Click tracking on the unsubscribe link has been removed to prevent those clicks from influencing click rate.
- The click date will be the date of the most recent click.
- The first hyperlink they click on is counted, but not any subsequent clicks of that link from the same message.
- What It Is: The percentage of email recipients who clicked on a link within an email and completed a desired action
- Conversion Rate = (Number of people who completed the desired action ÷ Number of total emails delivered) * 100
Opens by Device
- This graph is in the bottom right "Activity" quadrant. It is ideal for customers who want to understand device share for their audience and adjust email marketing techniques accordingly.
- Will show the top 4 device types and then aggregate the remainder into the "other" percent which also includes unidentifiable devices.
- Device types include Mobile Phone, Mobile Device, Tablet, Desktop, Other
- What devices cannot be identified and why?
Google mail app does not pass a user agent string so it can't be classified. Google would need to change the way they are passing information in order for iModules to provide the information.
Cross Email Metrics Dashboard
Why don't all my subscription categories show in the filter?
- The subscription category filter auto-completes to reflect the classification of sent emails. If you have never sent an email with the category "general information" you will not be able to filter using that term.
- For reporting purposes, an email will stay with the name of the category it had at the time of send even if the category name is changed in Encompass.
Engagement Activity Graph
How do I get to the Engagement Activity Graph?
- Click the "compare open rate to peers" call out from any email detail page
What do I do with the Engagement Activity Graph?
The graph is designed to help you understand, at a glance, what sending days and times correlate with higher engagement rates.
- The legend hides / shows a day of the week.
- The Y axis adjusts within the range of 0% to 100% based on the highest value in the graph.
- Each point indicates a cross-client average open rate for all emails sent within a specific day/hour combination.
- The X axis time is based on the time of send. The graph automatically shows in the time zone of your computer.
- Click the line or bar graph icons in the top right to change the graph style.
- Click the circular arrow icon in the top right to refresh the graph.
- Click the down arrow in the top right to save the graph as an image.
How many days of data are shown on the Engagement Activity Graph?
The graph is designed to show a rolling 90 days of activity.
- At this time, there is not a way to adjust the time range shown by the graph.
Is there a version of this graph that aggregates metrics across just my sub-community or site?
Not yet. At this time, the graph shows data from across all iModules client sites. Data from US and Canadian environments are not co-mingled.
How often do the metrics update?
The email reporting metrics update in near real time.
What is a conversion?
A conversion results when a constituent saves a profile update, registers for an event, purchases a membership, or donates during a session established by an email click.