Click Send Preview to send a Preview. Send Preview allows you to send a test copy of your email to yourself (at the email address on file for the account under which you are logged in), and/or to any other additional addresses. For example, if you have an AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail, MSN or other non-academic or work email account, you may want to test how the message will look when received by your members who subscribe to similar mass market email services.
- Reply-to Address: Enter an address to receive replies to the preview email. If the Reply-to Address is left blank, your preview email will use the Reply-to address assigned in Email Details. (The email will still show that it is being sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Add Recipients: Add email addresses of people you wish to receive the preview email.
- Additional Comments: Add a note for your reviewers.
- Customize email content based on roles: Click this box to view the email with content specific to a particular Community role. For example, you might want to see what the email sent to Students will look like.
- Customize email content based on date: Click this box to view the email with content specific to a particular date. For example, you might want to see what the email sent on a particular date will look like, as by that date certain News articles (or other dynamic site content) might have expired or become active.
- Your preview email will be sent by email@example.com.
- The role for your email content will be "Everyone" unless specific roles are selected.
- The date for your email content is assumed to be today's date unless specified.
- The tokens in the preview email will populate with the sending admin's information.