- Profile View Limit Admin Tool
- Profile View Limit Message to Users
- Tracking Action
Some iModules clients seek to restrict the number of member profile pages that a constituent can view in a 24 hour period. The Profile View Limit option will allow clients to:
- Restrict the amount of information farming of other members' personal information that can be done by their constituents
- Identify constituents that have attempted to view an excessive number of different profile pages.
The Profile View Limit configuration option is found in the Community administrative tools for the Profile Page system. Super Admins and Profile Admins will have access to this option. This is a per sub-community admin setting that allows admins to set a limit for how many Profile Page Member Information sections can be viewed by a non-administrative user in any 24-hour period.
Once the limit is reached, that constituent will no longer be able to view the Member Information sections of any other Profile Pages and will instead receive an error message telling them they have reached the view limit. Users will still be able to see the Profile Page header information, and be able to view and navigate to any available system links for Class Notes, Photo Albums, etc.
A tracking action will enable clients to go into the Member Site / Statistics tool to see if any members have reached the limit.
Profile View Limit Admin Tool
The Profile View Limit admin tool is a simple text input box that allows you to set the 24 Profile Page Member Information section view limit for your community. Enter the maximum number of allowed profile views per member per day. Leave set at zero (0) for no limit.
- Default is zero, which means there is no limit enabled
- The limit can be set to any whole number from 1 - 500
- The limit applies to all means and avenues of viewing Profile Pages - including Directory Search, links from class notes, job postings, classifieds, message boards, etc.
- The limit system is based on the member ID of the authenticated user - unauthenticated users will not be trackable / limitable
- Once the limit is hit / matched by the user in any 24 hour period, then they are precluded from viewing the member information section of any profile pages for the next 24 hours.
- The system is based on a rolling 24 hour period - i.e. Tuesday 10:15 PM to Wednesday10:15 PM
- The Profile Page header information and the available user system links that are enabled - Class Notes, Photo Albums, etc - can still be viewed and navigated to.
- The error message is "You have reached the maximum number of profile page views in a 24 hour period."
- The setting does not apply to any authorized administrators in the community / sub-community.
- The user's views of their own profile page do not count toward the limit.
- The Profile View Limit setting is unique per sub-community.
- The running count for the user is unique per sub-community - the user will have to reach the limit in each community to have additional profile views disabled in that specific sub-community.
- The system will not count the views cumulatively across sub-communities. For example, 15 views in GID3 and 35 views in GID 5 will not trigger a set limit of 50 in either of those sub-communities.
- The lockout for the member will only be in the sub-community in which they reached the defined limit.
- The setting inherits down from GID 1 in the enterprise model when a sub-community is first created.
Profile View Limit Message to Users
When limit is reached by the user, they will see an error message above the Profile Page header section telling them they have reached the 24 hour limit for views. The message disappears after 30 seconds and the profile information remains hidden. Profile Header information and enabled system links for Class Notes, Photo Albums etc. are still viewable and accessible.
When a user hits the defined limit in the sub-community a tracking action report called "Profile Page - Reached View Limit" is available in the Member Site / Statistics tool in that particular community
- This tracking action will also display in the Tracking action tab in the Encompass admin view of the user.
- Tracking actions reporting is an overnight process so any limits hit during a day will appear in the Member Site / Statistics tool the next day.
- The row returned in the tool contains:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Constituent ID
- Date / Time
- Tracking type: Profile Page - Reached View Limit
- The tracking description: "User reached Profile Page view limit" and the "Extra Values" column will display the limit setting that was reached by the user.
NOTE: This Tracking Action does not appear if there is no Profile View Limit enabled in that community.