- Rollout and Configuration for your Community
- Manage Account View and Settings
- Community Profile View
- Profile Page Configuration - Client Admin Configuration Options
The new Member Profile system features two modes:
- Community Profile view (How the Profile Page appears to site visitors / the public.) Community members viewing another member's Profile Page will enjoy an updated, streamlined, mobile-friendly experience.
- Manage Account view (Allows the owner to view and edit the Profile Page.) The system for allowing the owner to view and edit the Profile Page has been consolidated, eliminating the current dual entry for your constituents and providing a simpler, single interface for Profile management. (Profile Page owners can view their page as others see it at any time by choosing the "Community Profile" option.)
Mobile User Interface: The new Profile Page features a standard design and form layout that support Mobile-Ready Solutions from iModules. (In the initial release version, the user transaction history is not supported in the mobile form factor.) Additionally, Profile editing is done via a secure-hosted page and is supported on mobile devices.
Social Integration: Your constituents will now be able to link site visitors to personal social media pages or URLs directly from the iModules Profile Page via convenient icons. Supported social integrations include Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine, Google+.
Photo Albums and Class Notes: Photo Albums and Class Notes have been refreshed for mobile content with Mobile Ready Solutions from iModules. Additionally, the Photo Album system features an updated appearance for the Member Photo Albums view. The basic features and functionality of the Photo Albums and Class Notes systems are unchanged.
Classifieds and Job Postings: Classifieds and Job Postings have also been updated to display in the new mobile-optimized Profile Page.
Groups & Communities: The Groups and Communities Profile Page options have been consolidated in the navigation and adapted to the new mobile-ready Profile. As an added enhancement, this navigation item is only visible to the Page owner.
Profile Badges: This new functionality allows your institution to display icons for designated constituent information on the Profile Page. These pieces of information, such as "Lifetime Member" or "President's Circle Giving Society" are token-driven and configurable by iModules.
Administrative Profile Page Configuration: Your administrators will enjoy a new, updated and simplified set of administrative tools for managing Profile Page configurations. Systems that have been revamped for clarity and ease of use include:
- Profile Field Display Settings - Determine what will show on the left navigation area on the member Profile Page. Options includes Personal Info, Job Postings, Photos, Class Notes, Classifieds, Groups & Communities, and Transaction History.
- Profile Navigation Tabs - View or upload the default profile image for the Profile Page. This is the image that will be displayed if a constituent has not yet uploaded a profile photo.
- Default Profile Image - Determine the display settings for the various member fields on Profile Page. For each field, determine if the field should or should not be displayed by default on the member community Profile Page and also determine if a member can change the display setting of the field.
- Social Icons - Activate/Deactivate the social icons you wish to be available to constituents on the Profile Page. Swap out the default logos with icons of your own design. If you choose to not enable any Social integrations, the Social category will not appear in the constituent Profile Page.
Items Removed from the Member Profile
To better support upgrades and enhancements, some items have been removed from the new Member Profile.
- Friends List
- Custom Tabs
- RSS Feeds
- Profile Tags
- Objectionable Content
- Instant Notes
- Who's Online / Friends Online
Rollout and Configuration for your Community
The new system is available to be configured for client sites after the International and U.S. release dates. Clients currently in the implementation process will be converted starting the week of 7/14. Live clients will be converted to the new system at their requested schedule, starting the week of 8/4. iModules Client Services will manage the schedule of client rollouts based on client requests. Contact your Account Manager with any questions.
When your institution is ready to convert to the new Member Profile, please fill out the short Member Profile Request Form. Once you submit this form, an iModules representative will contact you as quickly as possible to discuss your institution's conversion to the new Member Profile for Encompass.
When the new system is rolled to your site it will automatically port the current settings for:
- Edit Profile form data field and role configurations
- Profile Navigation tab settings
- Admin-defined profile field show / hide settings
- Member profile field show / hide settings
Systems that will need to be configured by iModules app support:
- Profile Header data values that will appear at the top of the profile page
- Default values are First Name, Last Name and Class Year
- Member tool bar navigation to remove extra navigation items if appropriate (i.e., My Account)
- Profile Badge system
Single Profile Point of Entry for Constituents
Importantly, this new simplified model eliminates the current dual entry points - "My Profile" and "My Account", or equivalents in the legacy system - that makes users go to two different pages in order to manage their member data, password, email subscriptions and other systems in one interface, and then go into another interface to manage which fields appear to other users, their contributed content and their social integrations.
The new Profile system provides users a single link - whether My Profile, My Account or whatever - that links to a single interface for them to manage all aspects of their data, display and interactions and subscriptions in the community. If the client has a Mobile Ready design, then all of the user's Profile page data and display options will operate across devices
Manage Account View and Settings
Within the new Profile Page, there is a 'Manage Account' view and a 'Community Profile' view for the new Profile Page. The Manage Account view will be what the logged in constituent will see when they are viewing their own profile. The Community Profile view is what other logged in users will see when viewing another constituent's profile. Profile Page owners will be able to use the "Community Profile" toggle option to view their Profile Page as others constituents would see it.
- The default mode for Profile Page owners is the Manage Account view.
- Email Marketing subscriptions (categories) and Login Settings steps are separate panels and cannot be combined into other steps / panels.
The Manage Account view will have the entire main Profile form (Form ID 271) displayed to the user, with each Profile form step displayed as a separate collapsible panel, each with their associated categories as in the profile form. The Manage Account view will display the personal profile form with the fields that have been configured by the admin. The form match the profile form created by the admin in the tools. The headers will map to the steps on the profile and the sub-headers will map to the categories on each step.
The default mode for the Manage Account view is to have the first Profile form step panel open (not collapsed). There is no capability to configure a different default step to be open - it is only the first collapsible panel / profile form step that is defaulted open.
Desktop Account View
Mobile Account View
Collapsed Desktop Account View
Collapsed Mobile Account View
Desktop and Mobile User Interface
The new Profile Page has a standard design and form factor that supports client Mobile Ready designs. In the desktop version, a left navigation bar determines the content that displays below the Profile Page header. The default view is the Personal Profile option, which displays the Profile form step/panels.
- CSS customization by the iModules design team can modify the look and feel of the Profile Page - the form factor and mechanics are not supported in the customization.
The Profile Page header is set to a standard form factor as below.
- The Send Email system functions as current to send an obfuscated email to the member, with a new mobile supported UI.
The desktop left navigation contains the content options to view the page owner's Class Notes, Photo Albums, Job Postings, Classifieds and Groups & Communities within the new Profile Page mobile ready form factor.
In the mobile version, the Profile picture and header stack and all of the the left hand navigation moves underneath the Profile form step panels. The data display and editing of member Profile data functions the same, and the view options of the other member content items have been converted to support a mobile display.
- In the initial release version, the user transaction history is not supported in the mobile form factor. These options, if enabled, will link the Profile Page owner out to the current legacy desktop views of these tools. Follow on release development will convert these transaction history views to provide a more intuitive, easy to use and mobile ready.
Admins will have the same Account View / Community View options as the page owner
- Admins viewing the user's Profile Page will have full account view access.
- Admins will see all of the Profile steps that they have access to in the main Profile Form, including all admin only tabs. These will appear as discrete collapsible panels.
The Profile Page features a new model of social integration. In a new default "Social" category, clients will configure which of the supported social sites described below to offer to their members. For each social media option for which the member provides a username, the icon for that particular social site will appear (values are available in member data export). Users visiting the member's Profile Page clicking on the icon will be linked to the corresponding social site account (e.g.. their Facebook page, their Instagram, etc.) in a new window.
- The supported social integrations are:
The new Social category is managed by clients with a new admin tool.
- The inputs for the various social sites supports the username. The constituent will not be able to enter the full URL of the personal page on the site. There is verbiage on the page to explain that username is required.
- This is a new default category in the Profile Form. If social integrations are not enabled in the admin tool then the Social category will not appear.
- Once enabled all of the information collected in the Social category is available via Export Member Data and web services along with the other Profile data.
- A new token determines the display positioning of any of the enabled Social icons with attendant user values. The icons only appear for social sites that the Profile Page owner has entered values.
Profile Page Edit Mode
When the constituent selects the 'Edit' button, that section of the profile will become editable with the options to show or hide the fields on their profile. This step/panel is then loaded on a different page that is hosted on secure, where the user can both edit any of their profile information, and also set the show/hide settings for profile fields where applicable. Saving or cancelling the edit returns the user to the full Profile Page Manage Account view. The Edit mode page is hosted on the iModules secure URL (http://secure.imodules), where there is currently no client URL branding available.
The interface for adjusting the view setting of a member data field, if enabled for that field, is a simple on/off toggle labeled as:
- Show - Viewable by other community members viewing the owner's Profile Page
- Hide - Not viewable by other community members
The administrative setting options for the showing and hiding of member information are the same four options as in the current (legacy) system. there is a new administrative tool for clients to manage these field display configurations described below. All facets of the current member data field edit mode, for all included components including resetting password, are supported in mobile.
Photo Albums and Class Notes
The presentation of Photo Albums and Class Notes has been reworked so that the viewing of these features and their content will adapt to the device in support of mobile ready designs. The basic features and functionality of the Photo Album and Class Notes systems are unchanged.The Photo Album system has been additionally modified, in the member Photo Album component only, to replace the old folder icons, with a new look and feel that pulls in the first several images in an album for a more pleasing display of the album. This enhancement has not been adapted to the legacy Community Photo Albums system.
The user management of the content of these systems - creating Photo Albums, adding photos, adding or editing Class Notes - will still be done in a form factor that is not mobile ready, instead linking the page owner out of the Profile Page system into the full page mode.
The new presentations will link the user out from the Profile Page environment for Photo Albums and Class Notes. This is where users will add or edit photo albums and photos, and add, edit or search for Class Notes. These existing systems are not responsive to the device, whether or not the client has a mobile ready design. It is future roadmap development to fully adapt and enhance these systems for full mobile support and expanded capabilities.
Class Notes - Desktop view
Class Notes - Mobile view
Photo Albums - Desktop view
Photo Albums - Mobile view
Classifieds and Job Postings
The Classifieds and Job Postings have also had their presentations modified so the member's content will display in the new mobile optimized Profile Page. As with Class Notes, editing existing content or adding a new Classifieds or Job Postings will be done outside the Profile Page in the existing systems which have not been ported to the new mobile look and feel. Links are provided to navigate to these system options.
Groups & Communities
The Groups and Communities Profile Page options have been reformulated to be under a single primary navigation option whose default name is Groups & Communities with the design adapted to the new mobile ready Profile. There is no change in the functionality of these features. The constituent will be unable to search for a group or community or create a group from within the new Profile Page interface. Instead they will be linked out to the legacy web pages for these functions. It will be future development to modify these systems to bring them fully into the new mobile-optimized Profile Page.
Several things to note:
- Unlike the legacy system, in the new Profile Page the Groups & Communities option will only be viewable to the Page owner - there is no ability to configure the Groups and Communities option to be viewable by other members viewing the Personal Page.
- Whether or not this feature includes either or both Groups and Communities is configurable by client admins in the admin tool described below. The system supports the display of both Groups and Communities or just one or the other through the admin configuration tool.
- The ordering of the feature to display the Groups component first and then Communities is not modifiable.
In the initial Profile Page release, the Transaction History options in the new system will link the user out to to legacy web page for this system. This interface is not responsive to mobile devices. The Event History shows both commerce and non-commerce event transactions.
Admin View of Profile Page
When viewing a constituent's Profile Page, authorized admins see all tabs and fields that they see in the admin view of the Edit Profile form. All of the admin-only tabs, and their related categories and steps will appear to the admin when viewing the Profile Page. The authorized admin will be able to edit and update the fields and their show / hide settings (if applicable) in the same view.
Community Profile View
Other community members viewing another member's Profile Page, will have the Community Profile view described above. Profile Page owners can view their page as others see it at any time by choosing the Community Profile option.
Desktop Community View
Mobile (phone version) Community View
- The Personal Profile form will only display those fields that the constituent set to Show on their profile.
- The system will provide the existing capability for sending an email via iModules servers to the Profile Page owner.
- Social integration, if enabled by the client, and if values for these external sites have been entered by the Page Owner, will appear and link visitors out to the corresponding external social networking page.
- Profile Badges, if deployed for the client, will appear in the Profile Page header if the Page Owner has the necessary data value driving it to display.
- The only left navigation / panel navigation options displayed to the Community will be:
- Personal Profile (or equivalent if renamed) which displays the interface for viewing member data fields information, grouped by profile form steps and categories.
- Class Notes (if enabled) - the visiting user will have a link to go to the Class Notes system to search for other Class Notes or add one of their own.
- Photo Albums (if enabled)
- There will be no option to view Groups and Communities in the Community Profile view in the initial release version.
Profile Page Configuration - Client Admin Configuration Options
The systems for management of the Profile Page display configurations are greatly simplified for greater ease of use. There are brand new admin tools for clients to manage their Profile Page configurations that can be accessed under Community -> Profile.