- Approve Classifieds
- Manage Categories
- Manage Locations
- Manage Home Page Display
- Export Classifieds
- Import Classifieds
1. Click Approve Classifieds.
2. You will now see the Classifieds that have been submitted and are awaiting approval.
3. If you need to edit the Classified ad, click Edit. Make any change(s) needed, click Preview and then Submit.
4. Select the appropriate radio button for each Classified. The choices are:
NOTE: The Skip option will skip over that Classified, but leave it in the “awaiting approval” area. You may want to use Skip if you want time to think about the Classified text or image that was submitted.
5. Click Approve/Delete.
6. Click Manage Classifieds to go back to the Manage Classifieds Homepage and continue working.
Click Manage Categories.
Create a New Category
1. Click Create New Category.
2. Enter a name for the category.
3. Click Create Category.
Edit an Existing Category
1. Select the category you want to edit from the Available Categories.
2. Click Edit.
3. Edit the name in the Category Name area and click Update Name.
Delete a Category
1. Select the category you want to delete from the Available Categories.
2. Click Edit.
3. Delete category and move any notes to: Select a category where you want the deleted category’s items to be moved.
For example, if you want to delete the Tickets/Events category, you could select Notices as the category where you want to move the Tickets/Events items.
4. Click Delete and Move Category.
Make a Category Active
1. Select the category from the Available Categories column.
2. Click --->>.
3. If you would like to rearrange the order, use the direction keys to the right of the Active Categories column.
NOTE: Members do not see Available categories. In order for members to be able to post Classifieds to a category, the category must be in the Active column.
4. Click Save Changes.
Make a Category Inactive
1. Select the category from the Active Category column.
2. Click <<--- to take the category out of the Active Categories column. Click OK in the confirmation box.
NOTE: Members will no longer see the Classifieds under a category that was in the Active Categories column but is now only in the Available Categories column. The Classifieds are not deleted, but are just not visible.
3. Click Save Changes.
4. Click Manage Classifieds to go back to the Manage Classifieds Homepage and continue working.
1. Click Manage Locations.
2. Enable "All U.S. and "Not in the U.S." location options should be checked if you want to be able to search those locations for Classifieds.
Create a New Location
1. Click Add New Location.
2. Enter the name of the location(s). If you are creating more than one location, use the Enter key after each one to put each on a separate row.
NOTE: If the location should be included in a search on the basis of “In the U.S.”, then it must be selected.
3. Click Add Location.
Edit an Existing Location
1. Select the location you want to edit from the Current Locations.
2. Click Edit.
3. Edit the name in the Location Name area and click Update Location.
Delete a Location
1. Select the location you want to delete from the Current Locations.
2. If the location does NOT contain Classifieds, click Delete and then Confirm Delete to delete the location.
3. If the location contains Classifieds, click Edit.
- Delete Location and move existing Classifieds to: Select a location where you want the deleted location’s Classifieds to be moved. For example, if you want to delete the Albany, New York location, you could select New York-All as the category where you want to move the Albany, NY Classifieds.
- Click Delete Location.
1. Arrange the Locations in the order you want using the direction buttons to the right of the list and then click Save Changes.
2. Click Manage Classifieds to go back to the Manage Classifieds Homepage and continue working.
Manage Home Page Display
1. Click Manage Home Page Display.
2. Place checkmarks in front of the categories that you want to appear on the main community homepage.
3. Click Update.
1. Choose Classifieds.
2. Click Export Classifieds.
3. There are two different types of files you can export.
- CSV File Export (no Photos) will be in a spreadsheet format viewable in Excel. The images will not appear. This method is used if you intend to import the exported data into an offline data store or simply want to review the data for statistical/reference purposes.
- HTML File Export (with Photos) will be in an HTML/Web document viewable in FrontPage or Word. Images will be shown. This method is used if you intend to utilize the Classifieds in some form of printed media such as a newsletter or newspaper.
4. Select Export Filters: Select the appropriate filters to apply to the data. Some examples are by Category, Location or Date. If you do not want to apply filters, use the “Find All Classifieds” option at the top.
5. Click Next once the filters are set.
If you select the CSV file option:
1. The next screen presents you with the option to include additional member fields in the export. The default fields are: First Name, Last Name, Member ID, and Classifieds fields.
To add additional fields click on the name of the field and click >> to move it to the box on the right. Add as many fields as you like.
When you are finished, or if you are NOT including additional fields, click Next.
2. Export Preview: A preview of the export will be shown. Up to 10 rows of member data will be displayed in the preview. Click Export.
3. Click Download File. You can either open the file in Excel or save the file for future reference, offline data import, or printed distribution.
If you select the HTML file option:
Click Download File. You can either open the file or save the file for future reference, offline data import, or printed distribution.
1. Review your Classifieds data. There are six fields that MUST be included in the information to be imported.
- Item name
- Category name
- Contact name
- Contact email
NOTE: If an entry in the import is missing data for any of the columns listed above, that entry will be ignored and will not be included in the import.
There are eight optional fields that can be included.
- Instructions to buy
- Contact URL
- Contact address
- Publish consent
- Start date
- End date
NOTE: Classifieds that are imported without a Start Date and End Date will automatically be assigned a Start Date of the import date, and an expiration date of 30 days from that date. To import a Start Date and End Date, the date format must be mm/dd/yy.
2. Save the Classifieds data as a .csv file.
3. From the Community tab, under Classifieds, choose Import.
4. Click Browse to search for the .csv file you created. Click on the file.
5. Click Upload and Continue.
6. A preview of the first 10 rows of data will be displayed. Click Import Classifieds.
7. Click Manage Classifieds to continue working with Classifieds.