- Admin Rights
- Adding the Content Module to a Page
- Configuring the Progress Indicator
- Business Rules
- Removing a Content Module from a Page
The Campaign Progress Indicator is a content module that can be easily connected to any online giving campaign to dynamically display progress toward a defined fundraising goal within a specified time period. By setting a target donation goal amount and a deadline can instill a sense of urgency that rallies and informs potential supporters. Once in place, the progress indicator dynamically updates goal progress and dollars raised. It is available in multiple standard templates that pull styling from the site style sheets (CSS). You can easily swap out the templates for the one that best suits your website or campaign. Some of the templates also provide a dynamic count of the number of donations.
The Campaign Progress Indicator can be connected to any active Online Giving campaign. It can deploy in multiple instances with unique settings throughout the site or even on the same page. You can connect Multiple modules to the same campaign, each with its own date range, content, goal amount, display content and audience. For campaigns that have the advanced designation collection window deployed, the module also supports being connected to a specific designation for each module instance.
- Admins can add the module to any content page, Campaign Center, etc.
- You can include a direct link to the campaign giving form.
- You Dynamically update goal progress, dollars raised, and the number of donations (if supported in the template) within the assigned time frame.
- Provides a countdown in days/ hours / minutes until the end of the goal period.
- Available in multiple standard templates that the admin can swap out at any time.
- Templates leverage the site style sheet for font and colors.
- Connects to any active online giving campaign.
- It can be further targeted to one giving campaign designation (for designations currently associated with the campaign).
The basic designation mode and the advanced designation model with simple radio buttons and no designation window do not enable designation targeting.
- You can link a campaign to many Campaign Progress Indicators.
- Supports custom role settings per progress indicator instance.
- Gift imports in the goal time period are supported.
The Campaign Progress Indicator requires "Page Module" admin rights (e.g., Content Super Admin, Designer) in the content manage system to place the module on the content page; and Donation Admin or gold key Super Admin rights to configure the module.
NOTE: Content-only admins cannot configure the module beyond placing it on the page because API security requires a full constituent account login.
Adding the Content Module to a Page
The Campaign Progress Indicator requires "page module" admin rights (e.g., Content Super Admin, Designer) in the content manage system to place the module on the content page (and Donation Admin or Super Admin rights to configure the module). Multiple modules can be added to a page. The module can be added to any content page, campaign or event center. NOTE: The Campaign Progress Indicator module is not supported on subsequent form pages. The system does not clear cache in the form flow, so when the user gets to the end of their donation transaction, they will not see their donation dynamically reflected in the donation amount.
Configuring the Progress Indicator
Once the module is loaded to the content page, click the accompanying pencil icon to launch the wizard for configuring and editing. The Campaign Progress Indicator module can only be configured and edited by Encompass Donations or Super Admins.
Select Next to continue.
Choosing a Template
Choose a template for the progress indicator from the list. A preview of the template will appear on the right side of the page. See the available templates below.
The preview is for illustrative purposes and will not show actual data. Click Next to continue.
Additional information on templates:
Customize HTML for Progress Indicator
The HTML of the Campaign Progress Indicator templates can be edited, allowing admins with knowledge of HTML and CSS to have more control over the look and feel of the progress indicator. The Customize HTML option enables admins to make general style changes such as reordering tokens, changing labels, removing the image option, adding addition images or content, etc. The Encompass Design team and very knowledgeable clients will be able to add custom styles and/or classes to the individual elements of the progress indicator, or to the overall design wrapper. See Customize HTML for Progress Indicator for more information.
This content will populate the template you've chosen. Feel free to leave blank any options you do not need in your Campaign Progress Indicator.
|Horizontal with Graphic / Image
|Horizontal no Graphic / Image
|Progress Bar Only|
|Wide with Graphic / Image
||Requires minimum 1,000 pixel width content area|
|Wide with Progress Bubble||Requires minimum 1,000 pixel width content area|
|Vertical Stats||Optimized for vertical positioning|
|Vertical with Graphic / Image
||Optimized for vertical positioning|
- Designations are only supported for advanced mode designations with the designation popup window.
- Designations are not supported with simple mode designations or those without the designation popup window.
- Only one designation can be selected.
- The Campaign Progress Indicator continues to display after the end date and time, with an active link to the campaign form. After the expiration date, the module no longer counts dollars raised and percentage to goal.
- The expiration date can be changed at any time.
- If the module is associated with a future start date, the counts and progress indication do not start until the start date.
- Multiple modules can connect to the same campaign or designation.
- All module settings can be changed at any time.
- Scheduled payment donations made during the goal time frame have the entire amount counted toward the goal.
- Donation adjustments are not currently supported.
- Any perpetual payments made during the module time frame counts toward the goal.
- "Skip billing" transactions made by admins counts toward the goal.
- Multiple gifts and multiple perpetual payments are counted as separate donations in the progress indicator "donations" count.
- If the goal does not use cents / decimals then the goal displayed and the amount raised to date will not show cents / decimals. Gifts are rounded to the nearest dollar.
- The initial gift, of whatever amount, cause the progress indicator to show a minimum display.
- Counts unique donors to the campaign or designation - multiple donations by a user are counted as 1 donor.
- A scheduled payment donation made in the selected time period counts as 1 donor.
- Perpetual payments made within the selected time frame count as 1 donor.
- Imported donations count as unique toward donor count.
- The percentage display of progress is the whole number only. Gift totals round down to the nearest whole percentage. The display stays at 99% until the total goal is met.
- If the goal is met, the progress bar stays the same and the display percentage will continue to grow if more donations are made.
- Gift imports in the time period are supported.
- Supports custom role settings per progress indicator instance.
Removing a Content Module from a Page
Content Super Admins can remove a module from a page.
- Click Content Builder.
- Click the red circleicon.
- Click OK to confirm the deletion.