Create News Article
1. Click .
2. Title: Enter the Title of your news article.
3. News Title Link: Select an option for your News Title / headline:
- No link: This does not display News Title as a link. When you select this option, the only information available for users is the Title and the Content Summary. The Content Body text editor will not be available when this option is selected.
- Full Article (default): The Title links to the full article (Content Body).
- Custom Link: This option allows you to enter a custom link for the news Title so you can link users to a different page on your site or a page on another site. The Content Body text editor will not be available when this option is selected.
- By default, Open link in new window is selected. Uncheck this option to open the news article in the same window.
4. News Listing Types: Select the area(s) where this article should display. Use the Control key to select more than one.
5. Audience: Select the Audience for the articles.
- Everyone– The Audience does not need to log in to view this content.
- Logged In - The Members must log in to view this content.
- Role - Only members who fit the criteria for a certain role (i.e., Class of 1992, Current Students, or Female alumni) will be able to see this content.
Choose from the previously created list of roles in the dual list box and use the arrows to select.
- Deny Access to the following: You may also exclude certain groups from the Audience by using this checkbox. Then, choose from the previously created list of roles and use the arrows to select a group to exclude.
- For example, you could include Everyone in the Audience except the Class of 2008:
- Select Everyone in the first list box.
- Click the checkbox to Deny Access to the following.
- Select Class of 2008 in the second list box.
6. Allow users to comment: Select this option to allow constituents to comment on this content. Users can see a comment box below the content to enter text. You can see the comments on the page and choose to display the comments on Facebook. Constituents have to log in to Facebook if they are not.
7. Enter the Publication Date using the calendar box. The Publication Date is the date when the article gets displayed.
8. Archive Date: This is the date when the article gets removed from view.
9. Thumbnail Image: If presented with the thumbnail image option, you can upload an image. If the News format is set up to utilize a thumbnail, it will be pulled in. The image dimensions will vary by client configuration and News format.
10. Thumbnail Alt Text: You must enter Alt Text if you're adding a thumbnail image. Alt Text is necessary for accessibility. The Alt Text should describe what is occurring within the image for the visually impaired users.
11. Enter the Content Summary here: In the content editor, you can enter Summary Text. The news listing shows this text (if you have configured the module to display the summary).
12. Enter the Content Body here: In the content editor, you can enter the full text of your news article. (Users can not see the Content Body until they click on the Title link.)
13. Create content as a unique page: This option creates a unique hidden page for the item in the Site Map. It is not checked by default.
NOTE: If you leave this option unchecked (choose not to create content as a unique page), the content gets added to a shared system page named View Content on the site map. You can edit the page name.
14. Click Create.
- Click for the item you want to edit.
- Click Save when you have finished editing.
Content Archive Tab
- Click to edit a content item, then click the Content Archive tab to view the archive of content for that item. It will show the previous versions of that content.
- Click to preview the content item.
- Click to edit the content item.
- Click to remove the content item.