Updated Fields Export - Scheduled
NOTE: Updated fields exports will contain profile changes made on forms and will not include changes made through a data import.
1. Choose Export Member Data.
2. Select Updated Fields Report .
3. Select Schedule the Export for a later date. The system will assume you want the query to look at all members of the community. If you want to query build to look at a certain group, you can check the Customize Query box.
4. Click Next.
5. Select Identifiers: The Identifier Fields will be used to identify to whom the updated information belongs. The Identifier Fields are also used because those fields generally have “static” data, such as Import ID, and you want to include it for data verification even though it has not changed.
- Load a Saved Identifier Field List: If you pull this report on a regular basis, you can save a list of fields to use in order to simplify the process. (When you’ve saved a list you like, you’ll be able to select it from this list the next time you run a report.)
- The fields from the form will be in the Selected box. You may select as many fields as you like to create your query.
- Select Additional Data Fields: Add additional Identifier fields by using these two methods.
- Select from quick fields – Choose from an alphabetical list of fields to add to your form.
- Select from a tree view - Select from a list of existing fields by searching the tree view of previously created forms to find the desired field. Click on the plus signs (+) to drill down in the hierarchy. The information is displayed in the following order:
+ Type of Form
+ Step (Tab)
- Fields (Click on the desired Field to select.)
- Select the Identifier Fields from the left column and click >> to move them to the Selected column. Once you have all of the fields in the Selected box, click Next.
6. Click Next.
7. Select Fields: Select the Export Fields from the left column and click >> to move them to the Selected column using the same method as for the Identifier Field above. The Export Fields will contain the data which has been updated.
8. Click Next.
9. Sort/Save Export List: The next screen allows you to sort the Identifiers and Export Fields so the columns display as you would like. You will also be able to save the Export Field List to reuse in the future. NOTE: Saving the Export Field List is not the same as saving the actual export.
10. Click Next.
11. Preview: The next screen shows you a preview of the export information. The Identifier Fields are shaded in blue. The preview will show up to 10 rows of data. Click Next.
12. Click Next.
13. Schedule Export: The scheduling screen will be displayed. On this screen, you will fill in the required information (export name, start date, frequency, etc.) and click to save.
NOTE: When you select the start date for a scheduled export/report, the system will run it overnight. Example: If you pick April 21 as the start date, the scheduled report will process/run that night with the email notification waiting for you on April 22 with data through the 21st.
14. Email Notification: The next step is to prepare the email notification that will be sent when the export runs.
- You can include additional email addresses by using the Additional Emails function.
- There is a standard email body already created, but you can make changes to it if you would like. When you are finished with the email, click Save Email Notification.
15. Click Close.
NOTE: When data is exported from a large text area field, the export tool will only export the first 1000 characters. The data will remain in the database, the characters are only truncated on the export. Contact Application Support to request an extension the maximum number of characters to 4000.
Access Scheduled Exports
1. There are two ways to get to the Scheduled Reports tab.
- Choose Edit Members. Click the Scheduled Reports tab.
- Click the My Profile member option, click the by your name, and then click the Scheduled Reports tab.
2. You will see a grid with all of the scheduled exports. There are icons to the left of each export that allow you to work with them. Hovering over the icon will display a tool tip indicating what each icon will allow you to do: Modify Query, Modify Export Fields List, Edit Export Settings, Edit Email, and Delete Export.
Set File Retrieval via Secure FTP
File Naming Convention for SFTP Export/Reports
The file naming convention for SFTP Export/Reports is [Date_Processed]_[Export_Report_Name].csv
The date will be an 8 digit number (YYYYMMDD) and any spaces in your file name will be replaced with an underscore. For example, a report processed on May 5, 2010 would be named as follows: 20100505_Updated_Fields_Export.csv
Your file will be placed in the "scheduled_exports" subfolder of your SFTP directory for retrieval.
If you would like to receive an email confirming that the Export/Report has run successfully, enter the email address(es).
Tips & Tricks