- Privacy Protected Records (PPR)
- Non-Exportable Fields
- Preventing Constituents from being found in the Directory Search
- Hiding Records
Privacy Protected Records (PPR)
Checking the PPR box on a Profile form will designate a constituent's record as being protected, and only Super Admins and PPR admins will have access to the constituent's data. Limiting access to certain records is useful for famous constituents and student data.
When a record is tagged as PPR, the following conditions apply for both constituents and admins (except Super admins and PPR admins):
- It is NOT included by default in data viewer queries to build an email marketing constituent list.
- It is NOT displayed in an admin search of the directory.
- it is NOT displayed in constituent directory search.
- It is NOT included in queries to create Groups
- It is NOT included in queries to populate sub-communities
To add the Privacy Protected Record field to your Profile Form and give admins the ability to designate records as Privacy Protected:
- On the profile form, select the Admin Only tab.
- From the Manage Category dropdown, select Add Existing Field.
- Select the Privacy Protected Record field to add it to your Profile form.
NOTE: The setting is cloned as part of the profile to all sealed sub-communities. If PPR is set on a member record on the top-level, the behavior associated with PPR is applicable in the sealed sub-community.
PPR in Data Viewer
Super Admins and Privacy Protected Records Admins will see a checkbox in Data Viewer that allows them to include Privacy Protected Records.
If a query or criteria template containing Privacy Protected Records is saved, it will only appear in the saved query or criteria template grid for Super Admins and Privacy Protected Records Admins.
PPR Admin Right
This right allows PPR Admins to work with members marked as Privacy Protected as well as non-exportable fields. This right should be given in addition to other rights (example, Member Admin) since it has no power as a stand-alone admin right.
- Privacy Protected Records can be added to an email data viewer query by a Super admin or PPR admin
- PPR admin and Super admin can find PPR records in an admin directory search
- PPR admin and Super admin can search PPR records in the directory
- PPR admin and Super admin can include PPR member records in queries to create groups
- PPR admin and Super admin can include PPR member records in queries to create sub-communities
For Admins without PPR rights, records marked as Privacy Protected will NOT:
- be included in Data Viewer queries
- be included in Data Viewer queries to build an Email Marketing constituent list
- be included in queries to create Groups
- be included in queries to populate sub-communities
- be displayed in the Find Member Record control
- be displayed in a constituent directory search
PPR and Reporting
If a person marked as Privacy Protected completes a Form, Event, or Campaign, their information will be included in Reporting. The admin pulling the report will not need to be a Privacy Protected Records Admin in order to pull the Form Report, Event Report, or Campaign Report and have these individuals be included.
Admin Rights and Directory Results
These are the admin rights that have access to administratively managing member records from the Directory results.
Privacy Protected records (PPR) will NOT be returned in the directory results. Admins (with the PPR admin right) will only be able to find a PPR record by enabling the PPR checkbox in Data Viewer, by looking up constituents with Find Member Record, or by going to the constituent's Profile Page.
NOTE: PPR Admin is an additive right only, as a standalone right it does not provide access for administrative rights to member records - it must be added to an existing Super Admin or Member Admin
Regular member record
Is directory hidden
|Manage Class Notes||X||-||-||-||-|
When adding/editing a Profile field, there is a checkbox for Super Admins and Privacy Protected Records Admins in the Advanced Options: Allow export of this field. The field will be checked by default.
- Unchecking the box will remove the field from showing in Data Viewer.
- No queries can be built with the field
- No Groups can be driven off of the field
- The field will also be excluded from the Select Field area when building an Export or Report.
Only Super Admins and Privacy Protected Records Admins will be able to utilize non-exportable Profile fields in the above scenarios.
Saved queries and criteria templates containing non-exportable fields will appear in the query and criteria template grids to other admins.
The non-exportable fields will not be included in the field list for other admins.
If other admins modify the field list and save over the original query or criteria template, the non-exportable fields are removed.
- The impact for Super Admins and Privacy Protected Records Admins is that the saved query or criteria template they choose to use may not have all of the fields in it that they originally selected.
Preventing Constituents from being found in the Directory Search
The Is Directory Hidden field allows administrators to designate people who should not be returned in the Directory Search. The "Is Directory Hidden" checkbox allows site administrators to disable individual constituents from appearing in the Directory Search, without disabling any other constituent features or capabilities. This field is not as restrictive as marking them as "Is Hidden" or as a Privacy Protected Record.
The Is Directory Hidden field can be found in the list of existing fields for use when you are creating a profile form. This field should be placed on the Admin Only tab of the profile.
The Is Hidden field allows administrators to designate people whose records should be hidden. A record designated as "Is Hidden" hides the constituent from directory search plus all their activities in the community are hidden. This option provides the most complete way to hide a constituent's information. For example, it can be used as a way to prevent famous constituents from displaying on your site.
The Is Hidden option completely removes the user from appearing on the site. The user is not shown to regular members in the directory display, search results or profile page display - only Super admins can find those records in a search. The hidden member can interact with any of the member-facing systems, i.e. message boards, class notes, etc., but only Super Admins will be able to see it.
The Is Hidden field can be found in the list of existing fields for use when you are creating a profile form. This field should be placed on the Admin Only tab of the profile.