The Registration Commerce Item is available to be used to drive registration on an Event and/or Activity. This is not the recommended choice for registration because it does not offer the one-to-one registrant to fee information that allows for accurate exports and reporting; however, there may be times that this is needed.
The Registration Commerce Item will be listed as an option in the Data Field Type dropdown under the Event Fields on the Add Field window. If an event already has a Registration Fee Dropdown driving registration, then the Registration Commerce Item will not be available.
- Adding the Field
- Add the Registration Fee to any Step of the Event
- Configuring the Registration Commerce Item Field
- Exports and Reporting
Adding the Field
The field can be added in a variety of ways. The first way is through the event creation flow when the Fee-Driven Event model is selected. If this model is selected, you will be taken through the flow of adding Registration Fees.
Selecting the Add Registration Fees button will open the Add Field window with only the Registration Fee Dropdown or the Registration Commerce Item available in the Data Field Type.
The second way is through Manage Category > Registration Fees / Commerce Items. When this option is selected a modal will open with an Add Commerce button above a grid.
Selecting the Add Commerce button will open the Add Field window with all of the commerce fields available (Registration Fee Dropdown, Registration Commerce Item, Commerce Amount Field, Commerce Dropdown and Commerce Item) in the Data Field Type.
NOTE: If a registration field has already been added to the event, you will only be able to add a registration field of the same type to the event.
The third way is through Manage Category > Add New Field. This option will also open the Add field window with the Registration Fee Dropdown, the Registration Commerce Item and the Promotion Code listed in the Data Field Type dropdown under Event Fields and a list of General fields. Again, if a registration field has already been added to the event then you will only see that registration field type listed under the Event fields to be added.
Add the Registration Fee to any Step of the Event
Previously the registration driver on a Fee-Driven Event could only be added on the main Registrant category and the Guest category. Now the registration driver field can be added to any step of the event form. By default, the fields will continue to be added to the Registrant step and to the Guest step, but you have the option to move these fields. This additional functionality gives you more flexibility to use roles to drive what will be listed in the Registration Fee Dropdown. For example, questions can be asked on the Registrant and the Guest steps, and based on the answers, a Registration Fee Dropdown can be added to a category on the third step that includes specific pricing for each registrant and guest.
NOTE: The main registrant and all guests are required to select something in the field that drives registration, so it is important when setting up your events you make sure that the field is available for all registrants. This could be done by keeping the registration driver on the main registrant category and on the guest category. It could also be done by adding the field driving registration to a category and checking the option to 'Enable category to collect main registrant and guest information'.
Configuring the Registration Commerce Item Field
You will be able to configure the following items for the Registration Fee Dropdown on the first step:
- Field Name - The name of the new Registration Commerce Item.
- Display Name - The name displayed to the registrant for the Registration Commerce Item if different than the field name.
- Make this field required option
- Advance options that are available when adding other fields
- Audience - A role can be placed on the fee to determine who will see the Registration Commerce Item.
- Description - The admin can add a brief description that will be displayed to the registrant in front of the Registration Commerce Item.
- Include in required purchase grouping - This option is not required since there is a check to make sure that every registrant has selected something from a registration field.
- Registrant Limit - The admin can set a registrant limit per Registration Commerce Item.
- Overall Limit - The admin can set an overall limit per Registration Commerce Item.
- Custom SKU - The admin can set a custom SKU for the Registration Commerce Item
- Fair Market Value - The admin can set a fair market value for the Registration Commerce Item.
- Pricing Options - The admin can determine if the price for the Registration Commerce Item will be Free, A Single Price or Multiple Date Prices.
Once the information above is configured, click Next, and you are returned to the event form with the Registration Commerce Item added if the Free or Single Price option is selected.
If Multiple Date Prices is selected, you will be taken through a flow to set a price for specific date ranges.
Exports and Reporting
Commerce Item Grid
The commerce items grid that is accessed through Manage Forms and through Manage Category will include the Registration Commerce Item.
Event Form Export
- The SKU associated with the Registration Commerce Item will be added in the existing SKU column for each Registrant.
- The quantity column for the Registration Fee Dropdown will be the number entered into the Registration Commerce Item field.
- The Registration Commerce Item amount multiplied by the quantity will be listed in the Total Price Paid column for each Registrant.
- The order total, transaction data and billing information rolls up to the Primary Registrants row.
Standard Event Reporting
The Registration Commerce Item will be included in the Commerce Item report. Each commerce item is broken out into a separate category with each registrant and guest appearing as a separate line item in the report. The number purchased would be based on the data entered into the Registration Commerce Item field.