The Registration Commerce Item is available to be used to drive registration on an Event and/or Activity. This is not the recommended choice for registration because it does not offer the one-to-one registrant to fee information that allows for accurate exports and reporting; however, there may be times that this is needed.
The Registration Commerce Item will be listed as an option in the Data Field Type dropdown under the Event Fields on the Add Field window. If an event already has a Registration Fee Dropdown driving registration, then the Registration Commerce Item will not be available.
- Adding the Field
- Configuring the Registration Commerce Item Field
- Exports and Reporting
Adding the Field
The field can be added in a variety of ways. The first way is through the event creation flow when the Fee-Driven Event model is selected. If this model is selected, you will be taken through the flow of adding Registration Fees.
Selecting the Add Registration Fees button will open the Add Field window with only the Registration Fee Dropdown or the Registration Commerce Item available in the Data Field Type.
The second way is through Manage Category > Registration Fees / Commerce Items. When this option is selected a modal will open with an Add Commerce button above a grid.
Selecting the Add Commerce button will open the Add Field window with all of the commerce fields available (Registration Fee Dropdown, Registration Commerce Item, Commerce Amount Field, Commerce Dropdown and Commerce Item) in the Data Field Type.
NOTE: If a registration field has already been added to the event, you will only be able to add a registration field of the same type to the event.
The third way is through Manage Category > Add New Field. This option will also open the Add field window with the Registration Fee Dropdown, the Registration Commerce Item and the Promotion Code listed in the Data Field Type dropdown under Event Fields and a list of General fields. Again, if a registration field has already been added to the event then you will only see that registration field type listed under the Event fields to be added.
Configuring the Registration Commerce Item Field
You will be able to configure the following items for the Registration Fee Dropdown on the first step:
- Field Name - The name of the new Registration Commerce Item.
- Display Name - The name displayed to the registrant for the Registration Commerce Item if different than the field name.
- Make this field required option
- Advance options that are available when adding other fields
- Audience - A role can be placed on the fee to determine who will see the Registration Commerce Item.
- Description - The admin can add a brief description that will be displayed to the registrant in front of the Registration Commerce Item.
- Include in required purchase grouping - This option is not required since there is a check to make sure that every registrant has selected something from a registration field.
- Registrant Limit - The admin can set a registrant limit per Registration Commerce Item.
- Overall Limit - The admin can set an overall limit per Registration Commerce Item.
- Custom SKU - The admin can set a custom SKU for the Registration Commerce Item
- Fair Market Value - The admin can set a fair market value for the Registration Commerce Item.
- Pricing Options - The admin can determine if the price for the Registration Commerce Item will be Free, A Single Price or Multiple Date Prices.
Once the information above is configured, click Next, and you are returned to the event form with the Registration Commerce Item added if the Free or Single Price option is selected.
If Multiple Date Prices is selected, you will be taken through a flow to set a price for specific date ranges.
Exports and Reporting
Commerce Item Grid
The commerce items grid that is accessed through Manage Forms and through Manage Category will include the Registration Commerce Item.
Event Form Export
- The SKU associated with the Registration Commerce Item will be added in the existing SKU column for each Registrant.
- The quantity column for the Registration Fee Dropdown will be the number entered into the Registration Commerce Item field.
- The Registration Commerce Item amount multiplied by the quantity will be listed in the Total Price Paid column for each Registrant.
- The order total, transaction data and billing information rolls up to the Primary Registrants row.
Standard Event Reporting
The Registration Commerce Item will be included in the Commerce Item report. Each commerce item is broken out into a separate category with each registrant and guest appearing as a separate line item in the report. The number purchased would be based on the data entered into the Registration Commerce Item field.