Simple RSVP Events Import
You can import information for existing primary registrants and existing guests for the Simple RSVP Events model. Both Yes and No RSVPS can be imported, or updated via this import, for both the primary registrant and their guests.
The import is a simple file, imported directly into the Simple RSVP Event.
Navigate to Manage Form > Import Form Data or from the Manage Events grid, select the gear icon by the event and choose Import into Event from the dropdown.
- The file needs to contain the primary key for the registrant or guest row, a Yes or No value for RSVP, and if importing guests, a column for Guest of with registrant name value if a guest.
- Whether you use constituent ID or member ID as the import key depends on your site configuration.
- Every record in the file MUST have an ID.
- You cannot create new guest registrations through the import if they do not already have a record in the system with an ID.
- A null value for the Guest of column will define that row as a primary registrant.
- RSVP registrations can be updated at any time.
- New constituent records cannot be created via the Simple RSVP Events import - every record in the file must have a primary key ID in iModules.
- All imported RSVP Yes records will be added to the attendee list.
- All imported RSVPs will be associated with the constituent's event history in Encompass.
Importing into a Simple RSVP Event
- Navigate to Manage Form > Import Form Data or from the Manage Events grid, select the gear icon by the event and choose Import into Event from the dropdown.
- Carefully review the Disclaimer on the the import process, then click Yes to begin importing a file.
- On the next page you'll click the Browse button to locate a .csv or comma-delimited ascii text file on your local computer.
The file size limit for an Import file is 20 MB. If your file is larger than 20 MB it will be rejected by the system. In that case, you will need to separate the import file into smaller imports of less than 20 MB.
The following is a list of columns in your import: Displays a list of columns/data that can be imported. Here is an example of the columns to include in the import, but each site will have its own configuration:
NOTE: See Import Member Data for more information on the settings and the import process.
4. Review the import and identify any errors or problems. Click Next.
5. Preview the data and columns in your file. Any columns not recognized by the system are highlighted in the Import Preview. Click the Back button to upload a different file or click Next to proceed with the import process.
6. You'll see a success message showing the your import has been successfully submitted and has been queued for processing.
Events Import - Other Event Models
As part of this development we have removed the import options for the other Event models. This functionality will be returned when development is prioritized to add the import capability to the other models.