In general, keep emails as light as possible – image-heavy emails are slow-loading and can burden mobile users.
To find the file size of the images in your email:
- Open up a Firefox browser. Go to the Email Homepage in Encompass and find your email on the Saved Drafts grid. Beside the email select View Email from the dropdown.
- Right click on the email and select View Page Info.
- Select the Media tab. On this tab you can see the sizes of all the images in your email.
Here is a video of how to do that http://screencast.com/t/nBMdFU8Lcma
To find the file size and dimensions of an image that is stored on your computer:
- Open the file where the image is saved.
- Place your cursor over the image icon, and right-click if you are using a PC or Ctrl-click if you are using a Mac.
- Choose Properties.
- Click the Details tab.
- Scroll down to the:
- Image section to view the image dimensions.
- File section to view the image file size.
From Constant Contact: Five Image Mistakes You Won't Want to Make