The Skin Builder option allows you to customize the look of your email. The body and text colors are customized for each site.
The Email Checklist/Wizard will guide you through creating your Email. Each step will receive a green check mark when the step is completed. Users must click Save & Continue to save changes on each step or Done to save changes and go back to the Email Home Page.
1. Choose One-Time Custom Email or Recurring Custom Email. (Skin Builder is not available for Express Emails.)
2. Enter the Email Details.
3. Click Save & Continue to save.
4. Choose Template: Select Layout (i.e., 2 Column, 3 Column with Header, etc.) and then Select Design Template (i.e., 2 Column with Header 50/50, 2 Column 30/70, etc.) from the thumbnails provided.
5. Click Next to save.
6. Build Content: Use Skin Builder and the various modules to create your email.
7. Skin Builder: Select Skin Builder.
8. Base: By default, Skin Builder starts on this tab. This option allows users to set the options for the body of the email.
- Center Email Body – This option centers the email within the viewable area for a recipient.
- Body Color – Select the color for the background of your email.
- Main Table Width – 600 pixels is the default/recommended width for an email, but you can enter the desired width.
- Column Widths – Select the column widths for the table. Users can set the width using percentages (i.e., 30/70 for a 2 column table) or pixels (i.e., 200/400).
- Allow other emails to copy this skin – Check this option to allow other admins to select this skin from a dropdown list.
- Click here to load an existing skin – Click this link to make use of a previously saved skin. The Load Skin window will open.
- From the Available Skins drop-down list, select the skin you wish to use and click Load. Click Save.
- The selected skin has now been applied to your custom email. You will have the ability to modify the loaded skin from the Custom Layout screen.
9. Cell: The next tab allows you to set the options for individual cells (columns, headers, footers) in the email. Highlight the cell to select it and customize the settings for that cell. (The cell will change from blue to yellow when it is selected.)
- Font Family – Select the font for the cell.
- Font Size – Select the font size for the cell or leave as Default to use the default set for your system.
- Text Color – Select the color for the text.
- Cell Color – Select the color for the cell.
- Padding – Set the padding (in pixels) around text so that there is space between the text and the border of the columns/pages. NOTE: If you set the padding using one value such as 15px, that value is applied to ALL sides (top, right, bottom and left) of that section. You can also specify where you want the padding applied by adding a value for each side such as: 0px 15px 0px 0px. This example would apply 15px padding to the right side only. Padding is applied in clockwise order: In this example it would be top=0px, right=15px, bottom=0px and left=0px.
- Border – Select the style, color and width for the cell border.
- Align – Select how you like your Text to be aligned: Left, Right or Center. Leave as Default to use the default alignment set for your system.
10. Link: On this tab you can set the options for the display of links.
- Link Color – Select the color for your linked text.
- Bold – Select this option if you would like linked text to be bolded.
- Underline (Default) – Select this option if you would like linked text to be underlined.
11. Header 1, Header2, Header3 – This tab allows you to set the options for the headers used in the email.
- Font Size – Select the font size for the header or leave as Default to use the default headers set for your system.
- Text Color – Select the color for the Header text.
- Background Color – Select the Background Color for the Header.
- Text Align – Select how you like your Header to be aligned: Left, Right or Center. Leave as Default to use the default alignment set for your system.
- Bold – Select this option if you would like the Header to be bolded.
- Italic – Select this option if you would like the Header to be in italics.
- Underline – Select this option if you would like the Header to be underlined.
12. Click Save to save changes. (Or, select Cancel to exit Skin Builder without saving changes.)
13. Please see the instructions for Create a Custom Email to finish creating your email.