Add Image Rotator / Slide Show Module
You can control the images available for the Image Rotator by the Images option in the Content Bar. To add images to the Image Library, you need to work with Images.
- Navigate to the page where you want to add an Image Rotator.
- Hover over the Content Modules dropdown menu.
- Move to Image Rotator and hover over it. The mouse cursor will change to . You can then click and hold on Image Rotator to drag and drop it onto the page. Place the module above the area shaded in light blue.
Configure the Image Rotator
1. Click to edit the Image Rotator.
2. Add Images from a Category
- The left portion of the window shows the image categories available to you to choose images.
- Select a category, and the images in that category get displayed.
- You can now drag and drop images from the bottom area of the window into the gray filmstrip area at the top of the window to create your Image Rotator.
3. Edit Image URL: Click (underneath the image) to give an individual picture a unique URL. Enter the URL. (For example, http://www.google.com). Clicking on the URL redirects the user to the specific URL.
4. URL: If you want the Rotator/Slideshow to direct people to a new location, you can enter a URL in the area provided.
- The URL will load in the same window unless the option to Open URL in a New Window is selected.
- Disable Image Click Events will disable the images from linking to URLs and keep the pop-up window from displaying with the Image Description.
- Enable Image Isolation allows you to create special rotators for certain pages without using another rotator module. If you enabled image isolation on a page, you need to add the images you want to use on that page to the rotator. Image isolation is used mainly for image rotators that are built into site templates. By default, when you change the images in a template rotator, those images change that template rotator exists on every page. Enabling Image Isolation allows you to change images in a rotator, and those changes will only affect the template rotators in that specific channel (changes made at the parent page will affect the child pages below; the change will not affect other parent pages).
NOTE: With image isolation, you will not use the same images in multiple areas.
However, if you want to use a group of images for a channel, you can add them to the parent page of the channel.
- Select the Set as a Slide Show option if you want the images to be a slideshow. There will be additional options available after checking the box. Be aware that the image rotator will no longer be responsive if you check this option.
NOTE: The image rotator will no longer be responsive if this option is checked. Consider hosting photos on a site such as Flickr to create a slideshow and embedding it into a content block on your iModules page.
- Show Slide Show Nav: Arrows to allow users to move through the slide show will be shown on the Image Rotator.
- Slide Duration: Enter the number of seconds you would like each slide to be shown before moving to the next slide.
5. Click Save.