Campaign Progress Indicator Enhancements
Donor Goal Amount now Supported
Clients now have the option to set the Progress Indicator to tie a specific number of donors to a campaign or campaign designation goal within a certain time frame (instead of a dollar amount). A new radio button option for Goal Type was added to the setup page so admins can select either Monetary Amount or Number of Unique Donors. The Monetary Amount / Number of Unique Donors selection can be changed at any time. The default is Monetary Amount.
Donor Goal Business Rules
• Counts unique donors to the campaign or designation - multiple donations by a user are counted as 1 donor.
• A scheduled payment donation made in the selected time period counts as 1 donor.
• Perpetual payments made within the selected time frame count as 1 donor.
• Imported donations count as unique toward donor count.
New Customize HTML Option
The HTML of the Campaign Progress Indicator templates can now be edited, providing admins with knowledge of HTML and CSS to have more control over the look and feel of the progress indicator. The new Customize HTML option will enable admins to make general style changes such as reordering tokens, changing labels, removing the image option, adding addition images or content, etc. The iModules Design team and very knowledgeable clients will be able to able to add custom styles and/or classes to the individual elements of the progress indicator, or to the overall design wrapper.
Before the Customize HTML option was added, the progress indicator could only link to the giving form. This new option provides the ability to add a different link to the template. The ability to customize the button link in the template also enables admins to use a custom link with appeal codes and/or pre-populated gift amounts added to the URL. If the progress indicator is not already connected to a specific designation, the custom designation IDs can also be appended to the URL.
The Customize HTML option provides:
• Text area display of progress indicator markup - no WYSIWYG or content editor
• Listing of available tokens that can be used in templates
NOTE: iModules Design team does not recommend inline styles, as they can cause difficulties in their unintended ripple effects on the overall site design and redesigns.
Template changes are saved to template list for that Progress Indicator instance only
When an admin makes changes to the template, then saves the changes, a new "Custom Template" will be added to the template list for that progress indicator instance only. Admins can then select the template for additional / future editing of that indicator instance.
• All changes are reflected dynamically on the page once the three step progress indicator wizard is completed.
• Changes in tokens are reflected dynamically in step 2, but this is not meant to be a true preview of the progress indicator - whether customized or not.
• This custom template is not available for use with other progress indicator instances - it is not available for sharing or use with other indicators.
Prevent Unverifiable "From" Addresses in Email Marketing
Previously, volunteers and some staff members could enter non-educational email domains in the "From" address (@yahoo.com, @gmail.com, etc.). This practice causes sent emails to be perceived as a spoof attack, degrades sender reputation, and causes inaccurate email invalidation.
This new functionality prevents unverifiable "From" address from being used in email marketing and will:
• Help you maintain a strong sender reputation
• Enable you to have sent emails accepted by the following domains: @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, @hotmail.com, @aol.com, @live.com, and @outlook.com
• Prevent emails from being invalidated because of domain authentication issues
If an email address with one of the prohibited domains is entered in the "from" address field, the admin will see an error message indicating that the domain is not supported.
NOTE: If you have a private IP address, the list of prohibited domains can be edited per GID if needed. Please contact your account representative to discuss your options or to purchase a private IP.
Dual External SSO Login
Built on top of the new Cross Domain Login System, the Dual External SSO Login is a new capability for clients to provide two separate external Single Sign On (SSO) login options on their iModules login page. This is a further enhancement from the 2015 release that added support for an external SSO Login option to be presented to users on the same page as the iModules Login option.
The Encompass platform provides the ability for clients to bring multiple constituent groups into their online installation. In some cases, the identity management for these different constituent groups is managed and controlled by different systems that are external to iModules. In this type of scenario, the user actually leaves the iModules interface in order to authenticate on an external server maintained by the client, and are then returned to iModules once they successfully authenticate. Currently, Encompass supports the external standards of Shibboleth, CAS and SAML 2.0.
With this new development, Encompass now allows clients to present two separate external SSL login options to their constituents. As below, one of the SSO options connects to a remote server for authenticating Alumni, and the other option does the same for Faculty & Staff.
Contact your iModules representative to discuss if this option might be right for your institution.
• The new system supports the Shibboleth, CAS and SAML 2.0 authentication standards.
• iModules Connect (Facebook Login, Sign in with Linked In, etc.) are not supported in this login configuration.
• The Encompass First Time Login option is not supported.
• The client manages all lost and reset password requests.
• The Dual SSO configuration inherits from the top level community down to all sub-communities, and is configurable per sub-community.
• SSO systems of different types may not be combined - the deployment must be as two installations of the same SSO standard.
• The dual external SSO options cannot be combined with the standard iModules authentication.
• This Double SSO configuration is not supported in concert with LDAP or the iModules "Stacked Authentication" capability.
• This is not supported with iModules template login configuration.
Web Services Event Control Query Enhancement
More and more clients are using the web services control queries to pull information about event content and configuration, as opposed to the registration and transaction information. There are two new enhancements to the iModules web services to improve how clients can pull the content information.
1. We have added "date_submitted" and "last_updated" to GetControl and GetAllControls Queries - This enhancement adds new time stamps that note the following for any Form, Event, Online Giving or Membership Campaign:
Last Updated - When the content or properties of a form, event, donation or membership campaign was last updated by an admin.
Date Submitted - When a form, event, donation or membership campaign last had a user submit a transaction.
With these two new date stamps clients can make web service calls and query if there has been any change of state to a form or not. If the last date they have for Last update or Date Submitted is different from the newest date stamp, their system can then pull the update form control information.
Conversely, if there is no change, admins do not have to waste time pulling unneeded information and then analyzing programmatically to see if something changed. This will make the content integration much easier for clients and lessen the performance impact on iModules.
2. Add additional event information to Control Queries - This enhancement provides additional content details information from the event configuration in iModules to the GetControl and GetAllControls queries
A. Event registration model
B. Custom URL value
C. Event listing value
D. Time zone
NOTE: There have been client requests to include the full form, event or campaign URL in the web service control queries. This capability already exists in an internal manner utilizing an iModules Content Management system function called the "CMS redirector". Client can use this function to create the URL themselves programmatically from the services using the format:
The SITE_URL and SIT_ID values that clients will already have. The GROUP_ID and FORM_ID values are returned in the control queries. These are the four pieces needed to construct the redirector URL.
Shibboleth IDP v3 Upgrade
For clients utilizing or investigating Shibboleth for their authentication, iModules supports Shibboleth IdP v3 - the third-generation Identity Provider software. Shibboleth is in the end-of-life process for IdP2 which ends July 31, 2016. For enterprise client installations of multiple sub-communities, the change will require a longer implementation process as new assertion consumer endpoints are required for each sub-community as a result of the changes in IdP3.
InCommon - iModules is a member of the InCommon identity management federation