Dynamic Content brings text and images from outside email marketing into a message so that you don't have to copy, paste or re-enter the information into the editor. At the time of message or template creation, a placeholder is added within the editor. At the time of send, the freshest content and style is fetched and included in the deployment.
Starting with the February 2018 release, a drag and drop module will give administrators access to four types of dynamic content:
- News: Select Specific Content
- Events: Select Specific Content
- Events Feed
- RSS Feed
Adding Dynamic Content Widget
- To add a dynamic content section to your email, drag and drop the code element widget into the editing window. The menu option looks like open carrot, backslash, close carrot <\>.
- Double click the object titled code element to open the dynamic content control modal window.
- You may add as many dynamic content sections as you wish.
Select Source, Layout and Style
- First, choose between News, Events and RSS Feed
- Next, select one of the available layouts from the options provided.
- Last, select a style to apply to a layout. If no style options are present for the layout you have chosen, you will need to add one using the Dynamic Content Style Manager.
- Later steps will be based on the content source you have selected.
News or Events: Select Specific Content
- The new Dynamic Content workflow makes it easy to search for items by name or type.
- The green circle counter keeps track of how many content items have been selected. The cap is 25.
- The grid includes display, publication and archive dates so you avoid selecting content that will be hidden at the time your email sends.
Select RSS Feed
- The application confirms the feed URL you've entered is valid before allowing you to place the content in the email.
- Control the length of the segment by entering a value for display limit. The default is 3.