Giving Transaction Export - both the gift and designation information is consolidated into one export across the Donation campaigns that exist in the GID or site you are running the export in. Offline transactions and adjustments will not be included.
- Selecting Additional Fields
- Configure Data
- Notification Email
- Giving Transaction Exports Grid
- Export Columns
1. From the Donations menu, choose Giving Transaction Exports.
2. From the Reconciliation Reports tab, click on the Giving Transaction Exports tab.
Selecting Additional Fields
The additional fields that are set up will be included on all Giving Transaction Exports. They can be unique per GID or site. The additional fields available to choose from are profile fields and Donation reusable instanced fields.
1. Click the Select Additional Fields button.
2. Select fields from the left column (profile and reusable instanced) and move them to the column on the right to have them included in all of your Giving Transaction Exports.
NOTE: Fields marked at GID1 to not allow exporting will not be accessible in this export regardless of admin type.
3. Click the Save button. Saving will move you back to the Giving Transaction Exports homepage.
1. Click the Create New Export button.
2. When should this export be run: Select when the export should be run. The following options are available:
- On-Demand: Allows the admin to generate and save an export without scheduling the export. When this option is selected, there will not be a 'File Retrieval' option to select because the export is not scheduled.
- Once at a scheduled date: Allows the admin to generate, save and schedule an export to be delivered via email or Secure FTP one time at the date determined by the admin.
- Daily: Allows the admin to generate, save and schedule an export to be delivered daily via email or Secure FTP.
- Weekly: Allows the admin to generate, save and schedule an export to be delivered weekly via email or Secure FTP.
- Biweekly: Allows the admin to generate, save and schedule an export to be delivered every 14 days via email or Secure FTP.
- Monthly: Allows the admin to generate, save and schedule an export to be delivered monthly via email or Secure FTP.
- Quarterly: Allows the admin to generate, save and schedule an export to be delivered quarterly via email or Secure FTP.
- Yearly: Allows the admin to generate, save and schedule an export to be delivered yearly via email or Secure FTP.
- Last day of month: Allows the admin to generate, save and schedule an export to be delivered the last day of the month via email or Secure FTP.
- Last day of quarter: Allows the admin to generate, save and schedule an export to be delivered the last day of the quarter via email or Secure FTP.
On Demand - if On Demand is selected, you will have the option to save the export to be used again later. The Export Name is a required and will be used to save the export in the Giving Transaction Exports grid. The Description is optional and will be added to the Giving Transaction Exports grid if the admin chooses to enter one.
All others - all other options will require you to provide additional information. An Export Name is required and will be used to save the export in the Giving Transaction Exports grid. The Description is optional and will be added to the Giving Transaction Exports grid. The From and To dates will be used to set dates used for the export. The start date is a required field, but the end date is not required. If no end date is selected, the export will continue to be generated until the export is deleted or an end date is entered. The file retrieval option(s) will be presented. If your site has been configured to utilize SFTP, an option will be available to select it.
Click Next to save and move on.
Filter data based on when users submitted the form (only available with On Demand) - This option is unchecked by default. When the option is checked (enabled), a From date box and a To date box are displayed allowing you to enter the dates to filter the submissions. The admin is required to enter the From date. If a To date is not entered, it will include data through the last submission.
Filter data based on designations (only available with On Demand) - This option is unchecked by default. When this option is checked (enabled), a box containing the designations will display on the left. Use the direction arrows to move designations from the box on the left to the box on the right. Only designations in the box on the right will be used as filters.
Limit export to only use data updated since last run (only available for scheduled options) - This option is unchecked by default. No additional options are shown if the box is checked. Checking the box will force the export to only return data since the last time the export was run.
Click Next to save and move on.
The Notification Email step allows you to configure the email that is sent with the scheduled export. This step is not shown if the admin selects to run an On-Demand export or if the admin selects to have the export saved to the Secure FTP. The email notification step allows you to add recipients to receive the email and to set the name that will appear on the From line. The From Email will not be configurable and will be set to email@example.com. The subject will default to "Site Name - Scheduled Export Export Name is ready", but can be changed. The message will also have default text.
Click Next to save and move on.
If running the export On Demand, you will have the following options:
If you scheduled the export, the Finish page provides details about the created export: Export Name, the export schedule (if applicable), how the email will be retrieved, and a button to return to reporting.
Giving Transaction Exports Grid
When you complete the steps in the export, all exports that were saved to be used again will be added to the Giving Transaction Exports grid with the details that were defined when creating the export. The following columns are included in the grid:
- Report Name
- Date Added
- Start Date
- End Date
- Data Output
- Last Run
- Last Updated By
The options available under the gear icon for the export are the following:
- Run Export - Running the export opens a new window with the following details:
- Export Name - The name of the export the admin is attempting to run.
- A radio button option that is selected by default to Use existing settings. This will run the export with the settings that were configured during the initial creation of the export.
- Another radio button option to Filter data based on when users submitted the form. Selecting this option will display a From date box and a To date box to allow the admin to enter a new date range to run the export. The From date is required to generate the export if this option is selected. Both dates do not need to be entered.
- Edit Export - Editing the export will move an admin to the settings configured during the initial creation of the export. The admin will be able to go in and make changes to the export. Admins will be required to go all the way through the flow in order for the changes to be applied.
- Delete Export - Deleting the export will display a message asking the admin to confirm the action to delete the export. If they select the OK button, the export will be removed from the grid.
The only additional fields that can be added to the export are the ones set up using the Additional Fields button discussed above.
There is no opportunity to arrange the columns prior to export.
Billing information is included in the export.
Columns included and their order:
Commerce Identifiers, if applicable (unique per client)
Additional Fields defined by each client (unique per GID)
Merchant Account Name
Customer Trans Number
Designation Instructions (Filled In Value)
Credit Card Type
Billing Street 1
Billing Street 2
Scheduled Payments Active
Total Scheduled Amount
Next Payment Amount
Next Payment Date
Amount to Date
First Payment Date
Original Trans ID
Designation Identifiers (unique per client)
Please note that the donation amount will repeat on each respective row to provide the total amount available for selected designations. If a client would like to sort on this field for a specific transaction ID, they will know the amount drafted today 'Order Total', amount available for allocation for all designations 'Donation Amount', and amount allocated to each designation 'Designation Allocation'.
For a recurring transaction, you would expect to see amount drafted today 'Order Total', total gift amount that is available for allocation for all designations 'Donation Amount', and current collected amount allocated to each designation 'Designation Allocation'.