Under Canadian law, Encompass must generate a unique and sequentially numbered gift receipt (PDF).
1. The receipt ID number will display on the confirmation/review page.
2. The same receipt ID number will display in the member confirmation email.
3. The e-mail will contain a link in it that will open a printable version of the transaction receipt.
4. The receipt ID number can be given to an Encompass administrator so they can look up my transaction (if needed).
1. Reports will include the receipt ID.
Default HTML for the PDF receipt generation:
>Official Donation Receipt
Income Tax Purposes</span><br />
Receipt #: [ReceiptNumber]<br />
Charity Name: [Charity Name]<br />
Charity Address:<br /><table><tbody><tr><td nowrap=
Charity BN/Registration #: [Charity Number]<br />
Date Donation Received: ##Date##<br />
[Start_Billing_Full_Name]Donated by: [Billing Full Name]<br />
[Start_Billing_Address][Billing Address]<br />
gift tax purposes: [CommerceGrandTotal]</span><br />
Date receipt issued: ##Date##<br />
Form Name: [Form Name]<br />
Authorized signature:<br />
<br /><br />
[Charity Signature]<br />
For information on all registered charities in Canada under the <em>Income Tax Act</em> please visit: Canada Revenue Agency <a href=
**NOTE - The [Hosted_Billing_Info_Disclaimer] pulls in the following:
Some of the billing information entered with this transaction is on file with [Processor Name]. Please contact [Charity Name] to retrieve this information to include with this receipt for tax purposes.
**PDF receipting is not available outside of Canada.